LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i too have Xcel 5mm gloves paired with 7mm Round Toe booties. I highly recommend both to get you through the NJ winters. 7mm are not necessary - you can get away with 5, but your feet wont feel any more constricted.

I would not recommend hyperflex booties or gloves. They are OK for the money, but gloves and booties are the most important things you wear. Might as well buy the best.

I don't think they make gloves like they used to. I had Rip Curl 5 mil and a pair of 3 mil gloves for over 10 winters until they finally leaked.

I tried O'neil and Rip curls - both have leaky seams after ONE season.

But have to say, my 7 Mil Rip Curl boots are friggin toasty.

Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    how do you guys put on your gloves? i have 7mm xcel drylock mittens, and i can get one on and put my wetsuit over it, but i cant do it for my second glove and need someone to help me
    Roll up your wetsuit sleeves a bit, and also fold up the drylock-wrist part of both of your gloves. Slide your dominant hand into a glove first (it will be easier to get on the second one with your dominant hand), then unfold the glove down at the wrist. It should be easy to roll the wetsuit sleeve over the glove now. Now work your way into the second glove. It should be easier to get into it with the drylock-wrist partially folded up, and MUCH easier to fold it down into position after getting the glove on. Now roll down that wetsuit sleeve, and get your ass in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    how do you guys put on your gloves? i have 7mm xcel drylock mittens, and i can get one on and put my wetsuit over it, but i cant do it for my second glove and need someone to help me
    Saw a guy almost throw a tantrum on the beach one day because he couldn't get his suit locked around his glove. Pretty amusing.

Hotline boots, super nice tread/grip pattern. West gloves, great quality rubber.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Does anyone know where to get booties in a size 15? I can't find my size anywhere. Do any of you all know of a company that does customs? I have mammoth feet I know.

Wetsuitwearhouse has a custom order section on their page. Didnt see anything about booties on there but you can check them out. If they dont make them they may be able to point you in the right direction..

http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page...ustom-wetsuits

Images
    Xcel 5 mm drylock gloves are what Ive been useing past couple years. Pretty easy to get on and keep my hands toasty. I use 7mm Billabong Solution SG5 booties for the coldest temps. My feet have never been cold no matter how long my session.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    I don't think they make gloves like they used to. I had Rip Curl 5 mil and a pair of 3 mil gloves for over 10 winters until they finally leaked.
    TOTALLY AGREE - although there is alot of new technology, it seems that gloves do not last as long.

About 5 to 7 years ago when i remember first seeing Xcel gloves, they where the best and the warmest! But now- personally, I would never buy another pair. In the past few years they have ended up tearing after a few sessions (the seam on the outside of the thumb)... then they leak... then i glue... then they tear and leak again. 2 years ago I bought a pair of 7 mil Xcel booties and they leaked from day one. I wish if Hotline still made a 7mil round toe boot- they where the best booties I ever had- simple yet so warm! My PERSONAL option is that there are way better wetsuit products then Xcel. Although Xcel works for alot of other guys, (which is great!!!).... I'm totally over it... maybe they never tried wetsuit products from other companies... idk...

I just received a pair of the new RipCurl FLASH BOMB gloves- I have not tried them yet, but really excited about them, the inside feels like fleece! And they seem really durable... Also have a pair of 7mil quicksilver booties that are great- which have the fleece feeling too- super warm and they dont leak! But my next pair is going to be from Hotline- the 7mil internal split toe.

been wearing xcel products almost exclusively for 10 years. I have not experienced the problem with gloves, I have some 5 mil thermospan's that are on their fourth season.

Yeah, I don't have anything against Xcel's products in general, but the drylock cuffs on the lobster claws have made them extremely annoying to put on, in my opinion. It doesn't bother me in Delmarva weather, especially the weather we've had so far this year, but standing in 10 degree windchill in Maine struggling to get gloves on is not my idea of a good time.