LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I am going freaking nuts with this ridicuous flat spell!

So there was a decent little swell like 4 weeks ago with clean stomach high surf, for one day, other than that I have seen nothing over waist high since! I would take waist high and fun at this point. Its been crap windswell leftovers or ankel to knee crap in VB for awhile now. I havent even seen decent surf south forcasted in forever. What happened to the winter swell, last year we had some great december and January swells and the way the forecast looks most of Januaury is going to go by without a decent day!!!!
    I am just venting of course becuase I am loosing my mind. I havent surfed in a month, granted that happens in July but not the winter. I havent surfed since I needed gloves, its been that damn long. Granted I can't get on it whenver (career/family) but i usually make a point when we have waves to find a way to sget some of the swell, it just hasn't been there.

I have seen where the Jersey boys are getting waves but its been absolute crap here.

Images
    I feel your pain bro.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    i was gonna say you missed some nice days, but then i saw vb. sorry broseph

Images
    1st st usually has some small peelers when it is flat everywhere else...get a longboard bro!

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    1st st usually has some small peelers when it is flat everywhere else...get a longboard bro!
    I got a great stick for small little peelers, and there has been knee high junk, but I am talking waves! Not much on suiting up to ride peelers for less than 3 second rides. Im just jonesing.

Quote Originally Posted by bushwood View Post
    I got a great stick for small little peelers, and there has been knee high junk, but I am talking waves! Not much on suiting up to ride peelers for less than 3 second rides. Im just jonesing.
    If you're not stoked enough to suit up and catch some little peelers, you're not stoked enough! Sure, three second rides aren't the best, but they're better than sitting on the couch or behind a computer. Also, there are almost always bigger waves to be found on the days with little peelers if you are willing to wait for 'em and don't tire yourself out chasing the junk!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    at least all of you will be able to surf when there are waves. im out of commission from surfing for a minimum of 4 months from surfing.

except for the fact that mr.swellinfo forecast it to be knee high with occasional thigh high sets

i moved away from the area after the last good run of swell (how many months ago?), and now the ocean is protesting my absence. My bad.