LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Drive Time

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    I live 5 miles from the beach - about 15 minute drive. No complaints, but I do realize that there are sneaker swells that I miss and would catch if I lived closer because 15 minutes each way means a half hour to check it, so you do wind up relying on buoy and cams a bit. I wouldn't mind being closer someday, where I could pour a cup of jo and walk out the door to check it.
    this is the only problem with not being walking/quick driving distance. you miss those sneaker swells, especially in the summer where my quick drive turns into a bit of a pain in the ass.

About 5mins tops would be the closest. Or, a bit more depending where I'm going.

1.5 min
    Im lovin it...

15-25 mins depending where I surf. If I lived any further from the beach, I would take up golf or full-time fantasy football.

5 - 10 minutes if it's low tide, 15 minutes if it's high tide.

8 minute bike ride at most. maybe 10 when the wind is ripping or on a slow day. 5 minute ride by car. i could probably get on my bike, and get to the beach within 6 minutes from now, but the good break is another few minutes south of there.

right now I can make it to AI in 1 hour 15 minutes for dawn patrol and 1.5 hours any other time of day. Having solid forecasting sure helps me pick the days (Thanks Micah!) but there's nothing like the short walk to the break to do the check. I'll just add the me too to whoever said, "work, mortgage, etc."

Sooooo basically theres like 5 locals on this website.................. Cool

i can see one break from my bedroom window, another break from my living room window and if i go up on my roof i can see three different breaks at once, i guess you could say i am about a half a block from the beach. I couldnt ask for more. Actually i just lied, the mountains could be closer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    Sooooo basically theres like 5 locals on this website.................. Cool
    Actually there are more than five "locals" (read: people who live near the ocean) on this page alone.