LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images
    spongers < terrrorists

I agree with Southjettybill..... My knees have been too injured to surf, so I am loving body boarding if that is all one could do... wouldn't you, if you all had injuries and couldn't stand up surf? I would guarantee that you would find something else to keep DOING THE SAME THING, FEELING THE SAME WAY/WAVE.... that is what it is about.

OH and by the way, I am body boarding among alot of surfers, I know the etiquette etc. am usually the only woman out there and know I have their respect.
    Last edited by beachkat; Jan 11, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

About a month ago on a pretty good day, I was heading into the water and saw a woman on a bodyboard getting out of the water. When she got to the beach, I noticed that she was missing part of her leg. I watched her hop up to her crutches, pick her board up and make her way to her car. There was no one with her and I thought to myself, if I was in the same situation I hope I would have done the same. RESPECT!!

i started out bodyboarding, so i can't knock it...respect for others is where the problem lies, like some other posts have pointed to...i extends to all facets of life. My friend and I went down to the outer banks a few months ago and a nor'easter blew in, we got bored, decided to pick up some bodyboards, i grabbed a Hubbard Mach 7ss and a pair of Churchhills (50% off too) and had some crazy fun in some big, washing machine crap...it was fun as hell!

Images
    i hate boogieboards (in a new york accent). thank god the wave is too mushy here for them to "get pitted...like so pitted" or for them to hit the top of the wave like "woahpahhh!" effin speed bumps bro.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachkat View Post
    I agree with Southjettybill..... My knees have been too injured to surf, so I am loving body boarding if that is all one could do... wouldn't you, if you all had injuries and couldn't stand up surf? I would guarantee that you would find something else to keep DOING THE SAME THING, FEELING THE SAME WAY/WAVE.... that is what it is about.
    you knees are too injured to surf, but can kick to get into waves? smells like la bullsheetah

8. Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    you knees are too injured to surf, but can kick to get into waves? smells like la bullsheetah
    you're using completely different muscles in a completely different way when standing up on a surfboard compared to paddling on a bodyboard..

I wanna see a sponger barrel roll in the barrel and stay pitted. I would def give props

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Aww man....here we go. Waves are waves they do not care what you ride. They do not become more difficult due to board size. Good "wave riders" are good not because they can stand on a 6'2''(wow congrats on getting that whole balancing thing). Ocean/wave knowledge, weight distribution, timing and some guts are what makes a person a good surfer. Most sponge bashers are insecure, incompetent surfers looking to build themselves up. I look at these message boards and see that most of you are afraid to surf alone.....and seem haired-out from the bigger swells we had this past fall. I implore those of you who say sponging is easy to submit a video of you, out alone on a 4-6 foot day, on a sponge........lets see how easy it is. Action not words. Is ice hockey the most talent demanding sport because they can balance on ice skates? I sponged at first then starting surfing...because that's the natural 'progression" right ? Was riding down the line by the third session.....turning shortly after that. It was then I realized that I hate looking down at waves and don't like looking over my shoulder going backside. Didn't like squatting for waist high barrels either....lots of squatting going on....Actually sponging is more attuned with the wave....surfing is more just manipulating a longer board. People keep saying that anybody can lie on a sponge, well anyone can stand on a surfboard too. When the weather warms up and most of you computer surfers go back in the water come May......look and see how many people can ride a surfboard.....Wow you're not so unique are you.....

Hahahahahahaha Good one! So your point is you dont like squatting! Hahahahaha And what the fuk does Ice Hockey have to do with anything! "People keep saying that anybody can lie on a sponge, well anyone can stand on a surfboard too" Really (Joke right?)??? Hahahaha were you drunk when you wrote this? I want some of what you got brotha. I love this thread