LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Once again with this Bodyboard/boogieboard/surfboard Bu!! $h*t. It dosent make a diffrence. Respect and common sense thats all it comes down too.. I drive a Porsche you dont hear me $h*ting on all you Honda drivers out there. Grow up, share waves and have a positive vibe in the water.

Living in VB I thought bodyboarding knee high mushyness was lame. Moving overseas to a place where there are actually waves... it is no longer lame. 1). They take of deeeeeeeep on pitching overhead waves in knee deep water and can do some cool tricks to boot. 2). They out number surfers so you have to be nice regardless 3). Some of the surfers also bodyboard and are pretty good (some waves here just aren't meant to be surfed) 4). Some of the bodyboarders can surf and are pretty good. RESPECT!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the wedge is primarily a bodysurfing/body boarding wave. it can be surfed.. but its not known as a surfing wave when its going full throttle.
    also as a surfer... if someone forced me to go to the wedge and ride it, I would choose boogieboard over my surfboard.
    I spent summers growing up at the Wedge in California so I've boogieboarded and bodysurfed all my life. I'm just now learning to surf after my surfer friends nagged me to get off of the sponge board!! I usually ride the shoulders on my boogieboard to stay out of the way of the surfers and can pretty much hold my own. Now that I'm learning to surf I still try to stay out of the way of the better surfers. So much so that the surfers start calling my waves for me -ha ha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dbiz135 View Post
    Once again with this Bodyboard/boogieboard/surfboard Bu!! $h*t. It dosent make a diffrence. Respect and common sense thats all it comes down too.. I drive a Porsche you dont hear me $h*ting on all you Honda drivers out there. Grow up, share waves and have a positive vibe in the water.
    Don't try to be all nicey nice and stuff with your positive vibe BS. You're ruining the entertainment!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Don't try to be all nicey nice and stuff with your positive vibe BS. You're ruining the entertainment!
    FFuuuukkkiit then dropin.... snakem .....burnem its all good!!! i've been watching too much yo gabba gabba

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dbiz135 View Post
    FFuuuukkkiit then dropin.... snakem .....burnem its all good!!! i've been watching too much yo gabba gabba
    Butthole surfers suck - how's that!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    you're using completely different muscles in a completely different way when standing up on a surfboard compared to paddling on a bodyboard..
    let me enlighten you mr. powers. knees are not muscles. when you kick your legs to boogy, you bend your knees over and over again. uh duh

Does this all really matter? We all like to get high off riding waves...period

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Is ice hockey the most talent demanding sport because they can balance on ice skates?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Seems to be...I guess boogieboarding is ranked lower than #60.
    Last edited by Feesh; Jan 12, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Seems to be...I guess boogieboarding is ranked lower than #60.
    That poll is total BS. Wrestling is number one, maybe number two.
    Aside from that, I don't think surfing belongs on that list anyway. Maybe the ASP peeps and blah blah blah can be a "sport" if they want, but in my mind we're completely separate from all that crap. By "we" I mean both spongers and stand-up folk. This argument is soooooo funny by the way. I love reading these posts.