LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winds

ok thanks guys this should be enough evidence

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Haig Bakhtiarian View Post
    hey all
    im trying to get to the beach tommorow, but im sortof of worried about the winds.... its gonna be offshore 30-35 mph winds and 3.0 feet at 11 seconds now for my question will the wind not let me paddle back to shore?
    Better start learning Spanish or Portuguese! If you're lucky you'll end up in Morocco...great points over there

Images
    It is windy as hell haha. They were right.

I'm sorry not to be a d*ick but is this a serious question! Just stay home man....... the atlantic is too big to get lost on! People amaze me.........

Images
    A little common sense will go a long way here............If you are scared....... stay on the beach.

Alrighty then....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post
    i'm kind of on board with you--i have the day off and would like to paddle out but every time the off shore winds get up to this speed its just not fun--you try to drop and get hammered with water pellets in your face.
    does anyone have any non d**k head thoughts on this?
    Just another fun variable that the east coast loves to throw at us...Cold Blind Steep Drop-Ins!

Images
    Dont worry about the wind- the real question is - 'is there going to be any waves left?'

it is super windy today, i unfortunatly am at work but watching the belmar cam on surfline and there is a ton of spray.

Aside from the question which started this thread, what about strong winds blowing you back up the face of the wave? Especially if your on a step up or a long board and wind is blowing 20-25mph offshore how do you compensate for the fact your board is going to catch the wind as you try to take off?

Images
    I for one did not stay home. Surfed 7am - 9. Totally macking solo sesh!! Wind is totally killing it. I saw a boogie boarder next jetty over get blow out pretty far...think he got run down by a freighter. RIP.