LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LBI Shaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Inland View Post
    You mentioned your friends 6'8" 7S fish as being perfect. Why not just buy one of them ?
    b/c they're poorly glassed, have the foil & craftsmanship of an ironing board, & are made in china?

Matador and Boneyard Boards are great. Just bought a "Bull Fish" from Marko at Wave Hog in Ship Bottom. They specialize in bigger boards for bigger guys and they are really good boards. Heavy glassing and great design. I know of the guy Steve mentioned before with Dock Road boards and have heard really great things about his boards as well. He used to have a website but I think it's down now. You can likely contact him through the local surf shops.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    b/c they're poorly glassed, have the foil & craftsmanship of an ironing board, & are made in china?
    Hahaha....or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by biff22 View Post
    Matador and Boneyard Boards are great. Just bought a "Bull Fish" from Marko at Wave Hog in Ship Bottom. They specialize in bigger boards for bigger guys and they are really good boards. Heavy glassing and great design. I know of the guy Steve mentioned before with Dock Road boards and have heard really great things about his boards as well. He used to have a website but I think it's down now. You can likely contact him through the local surf shops.
    Marko at Wave Hog and Mike at Brighton Beach are two really good guys to deal with. They are genuinely interested is selling you a board that will work for you. I believe you can demo / rent most of the boards they sell before you buy. As far as 7S boards - The glass work is clearly substandard and they do not hold up - no doubt.

+1 on wynn he is the guy in NJ and easy to work with.