LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cortes Bank

The Cortes Bank

Awesome presentation from Chris Dixon about the Cortes Bank and Ghost Wave, the book he wrote about the spot. Makes you wonder how many other spots are waiting to be discovered.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/bo...st-wave_62467/

i'm reading ghost wave right now...great book, i highly recommend it.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Jan 16, 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: derp...spelin' eror

3. Just got it on the kindle. Can't wait to start it tonight!

The vid of his talk at Google is amazing. Thanks for posting... gotta get that book

5. Ok, so I've had the book for 3 days and I'm a little more than halfway through it. All day long at work I'm anxious to get home and read more about this storied big wave spot. Even if you're not into surfing this book is full of interesting facts and anecdotes about the bank and the ocean in general. So far, I'd give this book a 10 out 10.

Quote Originally Posted by coldatlanticsea View Post
    Ok, so I've had the book for 3 days and I'm a little more than halfway through it. All day long at work I'm anxious to get home and read more about this storied big wave spot. Even if you're not into surfing this book is full of interesting facts and anecdotes about the bank and the ocean in general. So far, I'd give this book a 10 out 10.
    i finished it about 3 days ago & i don't know what to do w/ myself when i get home from work anymore! such a great read!

it was funny, i grabbed an old copy of the surfer's journal the other day, & it happened to be from about 1995. one of the cover articles was about the emergence of maverick's & todos santos as premier big wave spots...guys like pete mel, flea, parsons, et. al. were interviewed for & talked about in the article. it provided an interesting bit of perspective & "completeness" to the picture of modern day big wave surfing that had been forming in my mind since reading "the wave" last winter.

7. Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i finished it about 3 days ago & i don't know what to do w/ myself when i get home from work anymore!
    On that note... has anyone here read, "Caught Inside"?

Just started the book tonight. I foresee myself not getting anything done for a few days. Mimicking the rest, if you have not read this book, get it.

Quote Originally Posted by coldatlanticsea View Post
    On that note... has anyone here read, "Caught Inside"?
    I've heard good things about that book also. That's on my list next.

Damn, you guys. I'd been meaning to register on Swellinfo for awhile and a buddy pointed me to this thread - so I figured no better time than the present. Three fricking years of my life went into those pages, so all I can say is that I'm stoked and honored that you guys dug the book. NJsurfer, if you feel like catching a train, I'm going to give a variation on the Google talk at the Patagonia store on the Upper West Side, NYC on Feb 6 (with some more home shot footage and underwater stuff). And Erock - if you're in Wilmington, NC, I've been talking with Archibald MacRae's great, great, great nephew about doing something up that way fairly soon too.
    Anyway, my very first post here.
    Thanks heaps - and post me up a review on Amazon if you feel like it!
    Oh, and I've read Caught Inside - excellent book.
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by ghostwavebook View Post
    Damn, you guys. I'd been meaning to register on Swellinfo for awhile and a buddy pointed me to this thread - so I figured no better time than the present. Three fricking years of my life went into those pages, so all I can say is that I'm stoked and honored that you guys dug the book. NJsurfer, if you feel like catching a train, I'm going to give a variation on the Google talk at the Patagonia store on the Upper West Side, NYC on Feb 6 (with some more home shot footage and underwater stuff). And Erock - if you're in Wilmington, NC, I've been talking with Archibald MacRae's great, great, great nephew about doing something up that way fairly soon too.
    Anyway, my very first post here.
    Thanks heaps - and post me up a review on Amazon if you feel like it!
    Oh, and I've read Caught Inside - excellent book.
    CD
    Do you have a time for February 6? I'd make a trip up to hear it if it worked with my schedule.