LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Unhappy Beached Whale OCNJ

2. a bunch more photos .. hopefully more to come

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1103909&type=3

Images
    That is sad. If you don't mind, keep the SwellInfo community posted. And you Ocean City guys watch out for sharks. Keep some Mancos and Mancos available as a decoy if you run into sharks. I feel bad for that whale. Well at least the poor guy didn't land in Atlantic City.

i was in OC today. that thing smelt so bad. i walked down to the water...i cant get the stink off my shoes. Cool sight to see, but sad and seriously disgusting.

Laughing at the Mack and Manco's decoy comment. Prep's guy myself. Seriously about the sharks though. I paddled out once with a dead whale floating about 200 yards out a few blocks down from where I was... that ocean was ALIVE... couldn't put a paddle down without startling something (including myself). I fell off of a wave and landed on a big fish that totally freaked out and thrashed away... just like I did... and that was it. Waist hi and semi-clean wasn't worth it. No clue what that fish was and I am glad that I did not have to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by biff22 View Post
    Laughing at the Mack and Manco's decoy comment. Prep's guy myself. Seriously about the sharks though. I paddled out once with a dead whale floating about 200 yards out a few blocks down from where I was... that ocean was ALIVE... couldn't put a paddle down without startling something (including myself). I fell off of a wave and landed on a big fish that totally freaked out and thrashed away... just like I did... and that was it. Waist hi and semi-clean wasn't worth it. No clue what that fish was and I am glad that I did not have to find out.
    ha how stupid does manco's and manco's sound? lame. when did that happen by the way, fall? I don't usually go to ocean city and i'm current away at college

About a month ago, gnar. Apparently mack wanted out (crazy, cause that place is a cash cow).

Images
    1st, manco's pizza is overrated, sauce from a tube? c'mon peoples...

2nd, I saw that whale and it was easily 60 ft. The whale was a Finback whale. The 2nd longest whale on the planet next to the blue whale, and the sixth largest living animal on Earth.

Images

holy blue-water-white-death, batman!

just a head's up. they buried a whale in south OC (in CA) and shark presence increased dramatically. the oils from the whale seep into the surf and the sharks come around for YEARS....apparently not uncommon. here's a timely article. enjoy, but keep that anti-shark spray handy in your utility belt

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/201...-shark-attacks

Images
    So any update on the whale? I haven't seen the news today and I rather hear aboot it from a surfer dude anyways. I hope none of Ocean City's finest got attacked by trolling sharks. Maybe some of youse guys out there wouldn't mind that happening. I don't know.