LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

big waves 1-27-12

Is it a bad idea to go out with 7 footers if ive only been bodyboarding for 2 years and the biggest i rode were 4's ????!!!

Images
    where you surfing at?
    Im stoked this swell has popped up tommorow. ive been sponging a few years now but i dropped into a ~9ft closeout once during hurrican bill i just started bodyboarding like you.
    if you think your up to the challenge then i say go for it. but be cautious.
    since your used to 4ft and this is double that timing will be critical when you turn into the wave and if you take the high line or low line and zip down the pocket tomorrow calls for west winds so that means getting shacked my brotha!

Depends, its gonna be warm tomorrow, so you may be more comfortable. When you get down to the beach, take a while to watch where the waves are breaking, where everyone is paddling out at, etc..... I wouldn't go near Monmouth County if I were you!

Images
    Can you hold your breath......do you panic when it get overhead? You have to get over that threshold someday. So if you are in shape, and you use a leash.....go for it. Really, take a look at the waves. Watch one break and imagine the worst case hold/beat down possible.....is it really that bad? There's only a few days here and there that the east coast tries to drown you. The mind Psyche-Out factor plays a big part.

Relax don't panic......that's the key. You'll pop up....especially with the rubber on. Just go with it. Enjoy the tumble. Hey if you want a guide to Monmouth County's best spots just let me know or Etl you can pay me to keep silent. I don't accept Mastercard.

Oh and don't hesitate paddling in....Paddle hard and WANT to make the drop. Don't have second thoughts halfway down the face. Good luck.
    Last edited by SouthjettyBill; Jan 27, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

Images
    oh also .....surf as much choppy, out-of-control days as you can. All of you new guys. Just go......it will teach you, as the Australians say, heaps......

Images
    if you can swim and know the currents, you will be fine. Just know which waves to take. I don't think it will be that crazy anywhere today. This short period stuff won't be that intense. If it were some long period hurricane swell that was overhead I would be a bit more cautious if I were you, but that's not the case.

thanks for all the tips, and also where are the good spots in monmouth that you were talking about?

it's tiny...

Images
    Oh attention Monmouth County dudes: Unless you pay me a handsome sum, I will expose all of your shred spots to the masses. Ergo you'll have to wait. I need to give some time to the Monmouth County residents tp pay for my silence. And you can't get back at me either because there are no good spots left in South Jersey anymore. (Diabolical laughter) OMG.

Oh HEY ZUES, I'm just kidding. GAWD you guys are so serious. Sorry Ergo, I can't in good conscience do that. But on the bright side, finding places in Jersey isn't that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    it's tiny...
    thts what she said...