LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hurricane

Images

Talking hurricane

ONLY 128 DAYS UNTIL HURRICANE SEASON CANT WAIT

let the hype machine begin...

3. Not too exciting if you ask me ... bring on some cold barrels!

probably 170 days till we get a big boy storm

Get the asp back here!!!! Raid our secret east coast beachies!!

Images
    I'd take a solid winter swell over a hurricane swell any day, head high barrels with just a few people out vs head high closeouts with 100 people out...no brainer.

Images
    considering the past summer had more solid swell compared to this past fall/winter down here. it's been pretty slow. We really haven't had any solid nor'easters but I believe the la nina may have something to do with that ( I am probably wrong if someone else could chime in). But I am stoked for the summer season as sad as that sounds. I now have access to the Dam Neck Naval Base which is just below Camp Pendleton in VA Beach where the crowds are limited and there are two different surfing sections which rules out the intense parking (if any free) and insane crowds down in VA Beach. That and you can drink/grill there.

A longtime local said to me today... "yesterday gets a gold star... it's what we wait all year for."

Chest high sets (a bit inconsistent) that would peel all the way to the beach, with a couple guys out at every jetty. If you were on a fish, you were in heaven, with clear, coke bottle green water, light offshores, and bluebird skies.

Hurricane season is great, but it won't ever replace mid winter magic.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jan 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Im all for warm water and days of solid surf. Bring on the cyclones!

I now have access to the Dam Neck Naval Base which is just below Camp Pendleton in VA Beach where the crowds are limited and there are two different surfing sections which rules out the intense parking (if any free) and insane crowds down in VA Beach. That and you can drink/grill there
    Best spot in VB. Enjoy!