LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hurricane

that's right false cape, absolutely no crowd
    Ugh! If you have scored it, my hat is off to you. Never had any real luck with that one. Seems when it is good there its good everywhere and considerably less effort to ride. But if it adventure ye seek its adventure ye shall find out that way. I guess I've caught a few decent days out that way but if I'm out in the boat, heading the opposite direction north across the bay is my preferred choice.

That end of SB was my home break growing up. Glad to hear the sand has built back up. I live at the oceanfront now so I don't get down there as much but I'll have to make the trek soon. Its just too easy to hop on a bike vs. dealing with traffic.

If you have access to a smallish boat with a reliable motor there are a few places you can dock up on the Back Bay side and walk over to the beach. Its about 1/2 mile walk so don't plan on checking it. Grab your stuff and make a day of it. It's been a looong time but the swell was usually around a foot bigger than in town. Lower tides worked best.

Check all of the rules, regs and maps online before you go and do not forget bug spray. The green eyed kamikaze bugs will make you bleed.

Images
    VB dudes, what do you call the stretch that runs into North Carolina? I used to live a few miles south of that border and did recon missions on you guys. There were a bunch of dudes on the pipe who were convinced that you VB guys were after them. They paid me well so what the hey. I never did get any info though. I always liked you VB guys. Only surfed VB once back in 1989. Ok, totally serious here, during Hurricane Gabrielle I believe. 1st st. It was alright.... I had fun. But man going home over that bridge. HOLY MACKREL. I don't want to name the place but does anyone know what I'm talking about. Easily the best wave I have ever seen on the east coast. Couldn't get to it though.

Why wait? Airfare is cheap to LAX--like $150 each way. I was in clean 3-5 waves at Blacks/Newport beach last week with 150 of my closest friends.

But man going home over that bridge. HOLY MACKREL. I don't want to name the place but does anyone know what I'm talking about. Easily the best wave I have ever seen on the east coast. Couldn't get to it though.
    Already been covered on this site several times... one or two with info on how to score it without a boat... epic yet fickle set up... use the forum search feature

Images
    I don't have a boat so I am not looking to go anywhere my tacoma can't go.

I'm probably gonna be at work anyway, for the once every ten years that spot fires

Send some of that winter surf down south! It's been a tough January for surfers in Jacksonville. I am jonesin! The gulf coast has been more consistent for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    VB dudes, what do you call the stretch that runs into North Carolina? I used to live a few miles south of that border and did recon missions on you guys. There were a bunch of dudes on the pipe who were convinced that you VB guys were after them. They paid me well so what the hey. I never did get any info though. I always liked you VB guys. Only surfed VB once back in 1989. Ok, totally serious here, during Hurricane Gabrielle I believe. 1st st. It was alright.... I had fun. But man going home over that bridge. HOLY MACKREL. I don't want to name the place but does anyone know what I'm talking about. Easily the best wave I have ever seen on the east coast. Couldn't get to it though.
    Corova which is False Cape State Park runs into Corolla. my last time down at False Cape surfing was terrible, Irene seemed to have destroyed the sandbars and they hadn't come back like 2 months after, I'd say it isn't worth the hike/bike just stay up in sandbridge

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    But man going home over that bridge. HOLY MACKREL. I don't want to name the place but does anyone know what I'm talking about. Easily the best wave I have ever seen on the east coast. Couldn't get to it though.
    I sit and just stare at the pictures from that place.....Perfection.