LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monmouth County Today

Surfed Monmouth County today from 2:30 to sunset. It was a great time. Some big sets rolling thru and barrels everywhere. Who else got out today?

Yea I got out in Mon. County today. There were some sizable barrels where I was, got sucked up into a few. Definitely a good time. Hope everyone got some.

Images
    aw..hells yeah! All alone for 3 hrs!!

Super bummed to have missed today!

Images
    I surfed mon. county and it was definitly fun but the wind was annoying

Wind was a bit heavy for the weak swell when I got out around 3pm... but it seemed to get a bit more pop toward evening. Maybe it was the tide... maybe it was the swell... not sure. But it did get better toward sunset. A few surprising sets actually had some decent size, but for the most part, consistent chest high, clean and hollow.

My eyes are burning... but it feels good.

Oh... and I got a good laugh out of the guy with the gopro pointed at himself, who had to make sure his hood was pulled back every time a wave came. The best was when he dropped in on me... if I wasn't wearing lobster claws, i'd have given the finger to the camera over his shoulder.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jan 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Images
    Maryland was clean and chest high from 2-5 wind light offshores going to strong off shores. Steep south swell angle so some drift but the amazing thing is how warm it is. I cant believe the water is below 45 and I was just roasting in a 5 ml.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Wind was a bit heavy for the weak swell when I got out around 3pm... but it seemed to get a bit more pop toward evening. Maybe it was the tide... maybe it was the swell... not sure. But it did get better toward sunset. A few surprising sets actually had some decent size, but for the most part, consistent chest high, clean and hollow.

My eyes are burning... but it feels good.

Oh... and I got a good laugh out of the guy with the gopro pointed at himself, who had to make sure his hood was pulled back every time a wave came. The best was when he dropped in on me... if I wasn't wearing lobster claws, i'd have given the finger to the camera over his shoulder.
    I agree that the wind was heavy for a weak period swell but it was still fun. The wind was light offshore around 2:30 and picked up at 3. I had fun in that first half hour where you could do some carves with the light offshores. The hard offshores made for some nice barrels. I pulled into a few but never made it out.

What a nice day though for this time of year. I was just surprised that I saw a ton of people out on Tuesday for knee to waist high but today with some shoulder high sets it was a lot more empty.

lol lb crew! Had to go into work at 2pm so I missed this one looks to be blown by morning ..
    Glad you guys scored some fun ones!

Yeah that water was really nice tonight. It was actually a pleasure to take the suit off in the wind and get cooled down. I swear I almost passed out after getting some food in me after that 3 hour paddle fest. I am so beat!