LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

That's just sad......

This morning I had the pleasure of watching a surf cam featuring a panoramic view of Ocean City, New Jersey. I don't know what it's like where you are, but OC was knee high with the occasional waist+ wave popping up.......here and there.

Down around 4th St. a pack lingered, off the north side of the jetty, about eight or ten deep(HA "deep" was for all you G's out there). Now first of all, VIOLATION right there. On small inconsistent days, during the winter, do not pack together. NON !!!!! Seriously, first come.....first served.....go find another wedge somewhere else.

Then with every peak that popped up, everybody was scrambling and jockeying........as the knee high wave fought the high tide to crumble down the beach. In the brief period I watched, I saw five drop-ins. This is unacceptable behavior for January. These antics belong in July, not winter. Just because you saw the movie Blue Crush doesn't mean you have to surf. Darn you Bodyglove for making such great wetsuits these days that all the summer types now surf in Ocean City during the winter.....That was Bodyglove.......Pick one up at your local surf shop.

Kudos to the dude that rode a knee high banger for about a hundred yards....he just kept going....an going....an going.

would you really go to another spot if you showed up late and no other spot was breaking???... nothing you can do about the situation when its slim pickings. Just hope that people obey the traffic rules.... which they probably won't. lol.

That's why OC sux. Weekends and summertime -- forget it. During the week I might hit OC, but unless you get on it early people always just feel the need to get into your comfort space. Theres probably 300 miles of coastline in NJ but everybody wants to surf

RIGHT NEXT TO YOU

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    That's why OC sux. Weekends and summertime -- forget it. During the week I might hit OC, but unless you get on it early people always just feel the need to get into your comfort space. Theres probably 300 miles of coastline in NJ but everybody wants to surf

RIGHT NEXT TO YOU
    Absolutely, I don't go near OC anymore, and I'm addicted to Mancos & Mancos(man, this is like the fifth time i have mentioned their name, HEY give me some pizza, Manco....and your new name sucks.)

I feel your pain, Dudeman.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Absolutely, I don't go near OC anymore, and I'm addicted to Mancos & Mancos(man, this is like the fifth time i have mentioned their name, HEY give me some pizza, Manco....and your new name sucks.)

I feel your pain, Dudeman.
    that new name is so stupid just like their prices

Some guys surf the same way, whether there's 40 guys in the lineup, or 4. You see the same wavehogs doing the same thing every time they're out. Poor tortured souls...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Some guys surf the same way, whether there's 40 guys in the lineup, or 4. You see the same wavehogs doing the same thing every time they're out. Poor tortured souls...
    Thanks for bringing this up, LBCrew.

I ask the drop-in guys who may view this.......give me an insight into your mind.......Why do you drop in, especially if there's no crowd? How do you drop in and then casually paddle back out and sit ten yards/feet from the dude you just burnt. Do you guys think you're tough and you can bully people around? HAHA, surfers are bad-arses!! Are you just so arrogant and stupid that it just doesn't even register? What's the deal? If you need someone to help you type or articulate your thoughts just hit me up. I will help you. Oh by the way, surfers who think they're tough: You're not. Go to Camden, Philly, Newark, Norfolk or where ever......show them how "tough" you are.

I call all drop-in dudes to give us the reasons you just drop in on people.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    I ask the drop-in guys who may view this.......give me an insight into your mind.......Why do you drop in, especially if there's no crowd? How do you drop in and then casually paddle back out and sit ten yards/feet from the dude you just burnt.... Are you just so arrogant and stupid that it just doesn't even register?...
    In Buddhism, they call them "seekers"... samsara... They're caught up in the hustle... the frantic, peaceless struggle for something that they will never attain by virtue of the struggle itself. Like a dog that chases a rabbit every time it sees one. Because the dog simply can't ever catch the rabbit, it will be tortured it's whole life.

Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post

Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.
    When I was in Barbados, I blantantly dropped in on a boogieboarder. In my head, I partly justified it because he was another tourist, like me. The wave was really lining up nice for me, so I just said "F it, I'm taking this". I certainly wouldn't call it a perfect wave, but I ended up having an epiphany about backside surfing on the wave. I actually think the fact that I was dropping in helped -- it forced me to hold a higher line, otherwise I would've came down right on top of the guy. I did apologize afterwards.

I for one would go somewhere else and might even pass if there was just one crappy spot breaking on a winter day. If someone is there I refuse to paddle out and sit in a pack trying to catch a knee high wave. I'm not so desperate that I have to bother some 9 - 5'er for left over dribblers. Even if I was a 9-5'er myself I wouldn't do it.