LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,340
    Images
    23
    I am not from there but have lived there off and on before I moved down here. I have bounced around a lot with jobs and school. Hopefully va beach will be my final resting place. I liked oc a lot, but it is dead in the winter time. there is a lot more to do here year round

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western Puerto Rico
    Posts
    94
    Images
    9
    Well, still looking for a comment from one of the drop-in yahoos. Must be someone who wants to rationalize it???

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    I ask the drop-in guys who may view this.......give me an insight into your mind.......Why do you drop in, especially if there's no crowd? How do you drop in and then casually paddle back out and sit ten yards/feet from the dude you just burnt.... Are you just so arrogant and stupid that it just doesn't even register?...
    In Buddhism, they call them "seekers"... samsara... They're caught up in the hustle... the frantic, peaceless struggle for something that they will never attain by virtue of the struggle itself. Like a dog that chases a rabbit every time it sees one. Because the dog simply can't ever catch the rabbit, it will be tortured it's whole life.

    Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Umm most of Ocean City sucks south of 14th St. I'm not saying that 14th is on right now. I don't know, but downtown-north is where the waves are at. Yeah I've had a lot of good times at the south end(it has it's years) but in between almost always sucks. Mid-island OC is dismal, man.
    ok...if you say so. i grew up here & have lived the majority of my adult life here. i clearly have no clue wtf i'm talking about...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Mack & Mancos is overpriced but it doesn't suck. I'm not an Ocean City local, real or imagined, so I guess it's cool for me. Well, what does Gesler, Kelly and all the other cool guys like? Yeah it must suck, it just has three locations within spitting distance(two of which are closed in the off season). I guess tourists' palate for pizza isn't as cool as world reknown Ocean City pizza connoisseurs. So pray tell who has the kill pizza in OC? About six years ago I was walking down the 9th street boardwalk ramp with a fresh Manco & Mancos pizza in tow. Some dude came riding by on a bike and yelled, "Mack & Manco's sucks !!" I laughed and said, "OK Dude....." Was that you NJsurfer42 ?
    no, it wasn't me. 6 years ago i was living in costa rica. i can only rarely be found on the boardwalk for any reason other than to cross it. i also neither know nor care what gessler's or the kelly bro's pizza preference is. i never claimed to be a "connoisseur" & in fact almost never even eat pizza. like super fish said, i'd rather eat at rojo's. but if i am going to have pizza, it's going to be either all natural pizza (on asbury ave), mario's (on bay), or piccini (on west). just b/c it's on the boardwalk doesn't mean it's any good. boardwalk=tourist trap 9x out of 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Every personal pastime or individual sport is a selfish pursuit. People don't fish for others. People don't masturbate for others(usually). People don't bowl for others.......
    true, but very few hobbies or past times are as unabashedly selfish & self-serving as surfing is. i'd wager that every serious surfer on this or any other site has either blown off or shown up beyond fashionably late to "important" functions like work or events w/ family or a significant other in order to surf. when was the last time you heard of a bowler doing something like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Super fun session, today ? Wow, more power to ya.......
    thanks. it's all about the local knowledge...

  5. #25
    You are being unrealistic....and an a**hole local so chill out nobody likes bad energy in the water for any reason...some people just drop in because they don't know any better so calm down.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You are being unrealistic....and an a**hole local so chill out nobody likes bad energy in the water for any reason...some people just drop in because they don't know any better so calm down.
    bill's not a local...please don't associate him w/ the rest of us who live & surf in oc year-round.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post

    Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.
    When I was in Barbados, I blantantly dropped in on a boogieboarder. In my head, I partly justified it because he was another tourist, like me. The wave was really lining up nice for me, so I just said "F it, I'm taking this". I certainly wouldn't call it a perfect wave, but I ended up having an epiphany about backside surfing on the wave. I actually think the fact that I was dropping in helped -- it forced me to hold a higher line, otherwise I would've came down right on top of the guy. I did apologize afterwards.

  8. #28
    I have a question, why manco & manco now, why not just manco? Just sounds stupid now. It's like Johnson's (which is crap btw) tourist money grab. Anyway 3 bro's is the large pizza place, and sjb are you starting an armchair surfer movement? Sitting at home watching on a cam and *****ing about etiquette, get wet or shut it!

  9. #29
    The way someone acts in the water gives you a pretty good indication of what kind of person they are in general. from my experience. sad there are alot of aholes . but more cool. Id rather surf a lesser wave to myself than have to hassle for a crowded spot.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VB/OBX
    Posts
    159
    Images
    12
    try coming to VB. 30 guys on the peak at first street on friday. it was maybe knee to thigh high at the most