LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    I am not from there but have lived there off and on before I moved down here. I have bounced around a lot with jobs and school. Hopefully va beach will be my final resting place. I liked oc a lot, but it is dead in the winter time. there is a lot more to do here year round

Images
    Well, still looking for a comment from one of the drop-in yahoos. Must be someone who wants to rationalize it???

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    I ask the drop-in guys who may view this.......give me an insight into your mind.......Why do you drop in, especially if there's no crowd? How do you drop in and then casually paddle back out and sit ten yards/feet from the dude you just burnt.... Are you just so arrogant and stupid that it just doesn't even register?...
    In Buddhism, they call them "seekers"... samsara... They're caught up in the hustle... the frantic, peaceless struggle for something that they will never attain by virtue of the struggle itself. Like a dog that chases a rabbit every time it sees one. Because the dog simply can't ever catch the rabbit, it will be tortured it's whole life.

Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.

Umm most of Ocean City sucks south of 14th St. I'm not saying that 14th is on right now. I don't know, but downtown-north is where the waves are at. Yeah I've had a lot of good times at the south end(it has it's years) but in between almost always sucks. Mid-island OC is dismal, man.
    ok...if you say so. i grew up here & have lived the majority of my adult life here. i clearly have no clue wtf i'm talking about...

Mack & Mancos is overpriced but it doesn't suck. I'm not an Ocean City local, real or imagined, so I guess it's cool for me. Well, what does Gesler, Kelly and all the other cool guys like? Yeah it must suck, it just has three locations within spitting distance(two of which are closed in the off season). I guess tourists' palate for pizza isn't as cool as world reknown Ocean City pizza connoisseurs. So pray tell who has the kill pizza in OC? About six years ago I was walking down the 9th street boardwalk ramp with a fresh Manco & Mancos pizza in tow. Some dude came riding by on a bike and yelled, "Mack & Manco's sucks !!" I laughed and said, "OK Dude....." Was that you NJsurfer42 ?
    no, it wasn't me. 6 years ago i was living in costa rica. i can only rarely be found on the boardwalk for any reason other than to cross it. i also neither know nor care what gessler's or the kelly bro's pizza preference is. i never claimed to be a "connoisseur" & in fact almost never even eat pizza. like super fish said, i'd rather eat at rojo's. but if i am going to have pizza, it's going to be either all natural pizza (on asbury ave), mario's (on bay), or piccini (on west). just b/c it's on the boardwalk doesn't mean it's any good. boardwalk=tourist trap 9x out of 10.

Every personal pastime or individual sport is a selfish pursuit. People don't fish for others. People don't masturbate for others(usually). People don't bowl for others.......
    true, but very few hobbies or past times are as unabashedly selfish & self-serving as surfing is. i'd wager that every serious surfer on this or any other site has either blown off or shown up beyond fashionably late to "important" functions like work or events w/ family or a significant other in order to surf. when was the last time you heard of a bowler doing something like that?

Super fun session, today ? Wow, more power to ya.......
    thanks. it's all about the local knowledge...

You are being unrealistic....and an a**hole local so chill out nobody likes bad energy in the water for any reason...some people just drop in because they don't know any better so calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You are being unrealistic....and an a**hole local so chill out nobody likes bad energy in the water for any reason...some people just drop in because they don't know any better so calm down.
    bill's not a local...please don't associate him w/ the rest of us who live & surf in oc year-round.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post

Burning someone never gave anyone their perfect wave.
    When I was in Barbados, I blantantly dropped in on a boogieboarder. In my head, I partly justified it because he was another tourist, like me. The wave was really lining up nice for me, so I just said "F it, I'm taking this". I certainly wouldn't call it a perfect wave, but I ended up having an epiphany about backside surfing on the wave. I actually think the fact that I was dropping in helped -- it forced me to hold a higher line, otherwise I would've came down right on top of the guy. I did apologize afterwards.

I have a question, why manco & manco now, why not just manco? Just sounds stupid now. It's like Johnson's (which is crap btw) tourist money grab. Anyway 3 bro's is the large pizza place, and sjb are you starting an armchair surfer movement? Sitting at home watching on a cam and *****ing about etiquette, get wet or shut it!

The way someone acts in the water gives you a pretty good indication of what kind of person they are in general. from my experience. sad there are alot of aholes . but more cool. Id rather surf a lesser wave to myself than have to hassle for a crowded spot.

Images
    try coming to VB. 30 guys on the peak at first street on friday. it was maybe knee to thigh high at the most