LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VB Fri Jan 27

VB Fri Jan 27

Just wondering if anybody went out yesterday in VB...looked small but fun on the cam wasnt able to go so just seeing what i might have missed?

Images
    I went out to pendleton. It wasn't as big as forecasted. There was the occasional waist high wave but most of the time it was knee to thigh with some decent lines. 1st st looked the biggest but was crazy crowded. There were probably some plus peaks there but not worth the battle. Saw some SUPers out there dead center in the line up...just asking for collisions.
    Last edited by super fish; Jan 28, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

I was also out in the croatan/pendleton area, pretty fun on the sets definitely worth getting wet. sorry you missed it looks like it will be awhile before another swell.

I was at 1st st for the afternoon, and it was pretty fun, again the wind didnt kick in as hard as forecasted. i tried to stay far away from the jetty, to avoid the crowds, just as I got out the SUP'ers came, the jet ski guys were out there too

Images
    if you were to sup why would you go to the most crowded break in the area?

Images
    I hit up Croatan before dusk. Perfect little form rolling in. Just no size.

Yea saw the cam fill up fast as soon as the sun came out def wish i could have made it out...did get a few earlier in the week so not a complete bust. hopefully something will kick up here soon and we can get some decent surf for a few days.

Images
    looks fairly bleak in the near future...maybe a bump way out there, but it will change by tomorrow morning haha. that's the other reason I can't wait for hurricane season...the long period swells are way easier to forecast and more accurate. this short period stuff, big one day small the next, is getting annoying.

I took the longboard out. Knee high with a few stomach high sets rolling in and clean. Got wet, anyway.

Images
    same here, got some nice rights for sure. worth going out for. I am ancy for some shoulder + stuff though. I need some push. earlier this fall wasn't too bad but it was random for sure.