LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    5'11" 195

6' x 20 3/8" x 2 5/8" Dumpster Diver (Shaped by Mike Hague, southern DE local)
    6'4" x 21" x 2 5/8" WRV Nugget Shaped by Fernandez (5 fin setup), usually ride as a quad.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    are wrv boards any good? seems like they produce so many aimed towards the tourists that flock down here. I see so many people with wrv stickers, foam racks, boards, accessories out the wazoo. I haven't seen any that I was like "wow that looks like a lot of fun to ride." anyone have some good experience with them?
    Definately like both of the WRVs i've had. One was a little 5'11" Bob Yinger swallow tail and the other was a Mike Daniel fish. Both great boards and in addition to these guys, Jesse Fernandez and Tommy Moore are legendary shapers. The boards seem nicely foiled out in the nose and tail and they arent afraid to give you a little rocker for popping wheelies! They also seem nice and light for fishy shapes.

Their reputation seems like it might be a victim of their own success...still making good boards but selling a lot of crap to tourists liek you said.

5'10" 130 lbs

5'4" CI Pod (19 1/2, 2 3/8)
    5'9" Chemistry (18, 2)
    5'11" Sharp eye SB-1 (17.9, 1.9) Don't really like this board to much but I love the two above.

During the summer and the waves are like ankle high, I have a 7 ft foam that catches everything. Makes surfing tiny waves kinda fun.

6'1 175 31 years young

6'2 kechelle squish -
    6'0 lost rocket
    6'2 ci semi pro
    5'8 ci biscuit
    5'8 ci fishcuit
    6'8 rusty terminator - big wave board

5'8" 220
    7'2'' Biscuit
    6'3'' tuflite biscuit.

Yes! I love my 7'7 fish hybrid now 8 yrs old. Its my Costa Rica board. Still rocks and is my all around board. I also have a 9'0 WRV that is 14 yrs old but it has recently delaminated and is beyond really repairing it. Was absolutely a fantastic board: loose, caught everything, actually caught my first tube on it years ago. I just put a new WRV 9'0 on layaway and cant wait to ride it. Shaped by Fernandez. Just beautiful. My daughter is stoked to ride it too when we pick it up on her birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    are wrv boards any good? seems like they produce so many aimed towards the tourists that flock down here. I see so many people with wrv stickers, foam racks, boards, accessories out the wazoo. I haven't seen any that I was like "wow that looks like a lot of fun to ride." anyone have some good experience with them?
    Last edited by Alvin; Feb 2, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

6'1" 210 lbs 62 years old
    6'10" Piranha
    7'0" T2
    7'4" - 7'10" Fun Boards

The average respondent to this survey is 5-11 and weighs 176lbs--with a BMI of 24.5 (who gives a flying frick about BMI's).

I was somewhat surprised to see how many larger fellas are riding smaller boards. Must be something to the manufacturers' claims that they find ways to hide extra volume in the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The average respondent to this survey is 5-11 and weighs 176lbs
    And what was the average length shortboard?

I was somewhat surprised to see how many larger fellas are riding smaller boards. Must be something to the manufacturers' claims that they find ways to hide extra volume in the boards.
    I really feel weight is over stressed when selecting boards. Most boards can serve a big range of weights, it comes down to more paddling strength, technique for catching waves. Once your up it doesn't matter if you are on a skateboard. I've bulked up to 185 ish from 155 in 3-4 years time, and still ride the same dimensions from before. (I call it bulking up hahaha). I surf a 5-10 18 3/4 semi-groveler in winter rubber and I know i'm probably pushing 200 with it all on.