LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: N C Surfers

Images

N C Surfers

At 52 most of my surfing friends have long since quit So I go surfing alone most the time . I can,t stand many days with out waves And know the coast pretty well So I travel from Wrightsville Beach to nagshead Mostly surf the Alantic Beach or topsail Beach ,area Often surfing at piers where I know no one Overall I get treated to fun times with friendly people Just want to say thanks

54, I can relate. When I was teenager in Cocoa Beach, there was a man that had to be late 70's or 80's. He had a very old thick log- he could only ride whitewater on smaller days. He would come out to 2nd Light (pre-zoo) with his wife in this old black car. People would give him plenty of room & we all kept an eye on him. It's a great sport, I guess some of us never get tired of it.

Mostly surf the Atlantic Beach or topsail Beach ,area Often surfing at piers where I know no one Overall I get treated to fun times with friendly people
    ahhhh! Spent three years living, traveling and surfing that stretch... some cool setups for those in the know and better waves than I think it gets credit for. Marines don't surf so Onslow was my own personal playground and home base for excursions north and south.

you know who dont surf? charlie.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnfever View Post
    At 52 most of my surfing friends have long since quit So I go surfing alone most the time . I can,t stand many days with out waves And know the coast pretty well So I travel from Wrightsville Beach to nagshead Mostly surf the Alantic Beach or topsail Beach ,area Often surfing at piers where I know no one Overall I get treated to fun times with friendly people Just want to say thanks
    also of a similar age here in CB...usually go out alone as well, but it seems like many
    of the people in the water around here are older (30's+). here on the south end of CB, it's seems to be generally a more mature crowd, which mellows the vibe considerably (unless the swell is major on a Saturday morning and UNCW is in session - then it's a zoo).

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    also of a similar age here in CB...usually go out alone as well, but it seems like many
    of the people in the water around here are older (30's+). here on the south end of CB, it's seems to be generally a more mature crowd, which mellows the vibe considerably (unless the swell is major on a Saturday morning and UNCW is in session - then it's a zoo).
    Early 30's here, and precisely why I choose to go to CB over WB 80% of the time I want to go out somewhere close. Living in downtown Wilmington makes the distance I have to drive to either about the same.

On another note: surfnfever, I hope Beaufort wins over that NY Finger Lakes town. I voted once every 24 hours for two weeks and know many others who did as well. I love your region--best built boats and best fishing in the US. Do you surf Shak much? If you have a boat, I'm sure you can meet some surfing buds as dedicated as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by joenottoast View Post
    you know who dont surf? charlie.
    That's not very funny... you racist!

shred till you physically cannot anymore. Perpetual stoke

I lived on Lejeune for 3 years and surfed that area as well. I agree that it is underrated.

So, some Marines do surf, just not many. Too bad we couldn't schedule deployments around hurricane season though.

Iraq and Afghanistan are flat!

Images

the old days

used to surf shak back in the 80s when no one knew it was there lookout as well. Lookout is still uncrowed most swells but shak is a zoo as you call it when it,s good plus Hauling the boat to the beach launching riding to shak or look out burns to much gas $$$ and time I catch plenty of waves from my car