LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Nicaragua Surf Trip

    me and a couple buddies are looking into a trip to nicaragua. anyone have any good insights to surf shacks/time of year to go/places to check out/girls? were looking during march

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by surf_squan1219 View Post
    me and a couple buddies are looking into a trip to nicaragua. anyone have any good insights to surf shacks/time of year to go/places to check out/girls? were looking during march
    nicaragua is a great surf destination in the South swell season (summer)... I'm not positive about March, but it probably wont be as consistent or as big as when the southern hemi gets going.

    Also Nicaragua isn't a party destination...

    I'd suggest Costa Rica, Playa Jaco/Hermosa area or Bocas Del Toro Panama.

  3. #3
    thanks for the heads up. the only reason we are looking at march is because my friends brother is still in college and we have to go off his spring break, or we could wait til summer.

    know any places with some nice lefts?

  4. #4
    Nica has some great lefts as does some areas of CR. I can;t give away the secrets of Bocas.

  5. #5
    Just got back from two weeks in Nica - surfed Popoyo, Santanas, Playgrounds, Astillero, etc...best waves I've ever had hands down everyday. SwellInfo is right, go to CR if you want to party..... PM me for details....Also, wait for summer, biggest swell and more consistent.

  6. #6

    The spot

    The family went in on a house in San Juan del Sur, easy access to a lot of beaches, cool town but still in a Nica neighborhood. Easy to get to and a lot of recent renovations.

    Check it out and hit me up
    http://www.vrbo.com/101863

    We can work something out, how long are you looking to go?

    MJG

  7. #7
    Two brothers surf resort. Has a ton of reviews on trip advisor and they are all good. I'm going there november 11 - 17. The place looks amazing and the family that runs it are so nice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    905
    Images
    1
    the girls there are great if you like STDs

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MG202 View Post
    Just got back from two weeks in Nica - surfed Popoyo, Santanas, Playgrounds, Astillero, etc...best waves I've ever had hands down everyday. SwellInfo is right, go to CR if you want to party..... PM me for details....Also, wait for summer, biggest swell and more consistent.
    +1 Surfed all of those spots in August. Sick Sick Sick. Where did you stay??

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    +1 Surfed all of those spots in August. Sick Sick Sick. Where did you stay??
    Stayed at Buena Onda, cannot say enough great things about this place, the owners and it sits right on Santana's....Already planning my next trip back.