LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Be a nurse it might be hard at first but once u get the hang of it 3-12hour day and your done for the week and that leaves u 4 days to surf all u want. Also u can pretty much get a job any were and they are always in demand especially male nurses!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    are you at little creek? i say hello to you all every morning....guess what my job is
    Nah, I'm at Dam Neck Annex. Small base, not many Coast Guard there. 1 block from the beach.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,360
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    Nah, I'm at Dam Neck Annex. Small base, not many Coast Guard there. 1 block from the beach.
    Nice, I plan on heading over there for the summer. Do their beaches break consistantly?

    I recently got hired for DOD police. luckily, my work day is from 0630-1430

  4. #34
    Dam Neck can get fun, and it breaks a little stronger than mushy 1st St imo. Lots of guys who SUP, who are pretty cool and isn't too bad because you have a lot of room to spread out. SUP guys are mostly D.G.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Nice, I plan on heading over there for the summer. Do their beaches break consistantly?

    I recently got hired for DOD police. luckily, my work day is from 0630-1430
    Good, maybe you can get me on base when I forget my I.D. (once a year I space it). Dam Neck is a beach break just like everywhere else. Sand bars shift and I've seen some nice setups in the 7 years I've been on base while back in Virginia. There is a shower area in the fall/spring to rinse suits off in the fall b/f they cut the water off and it's uncrowded in summer compared to public beaches. A quiet and kind of secluded base to work and access to uncrowded waves during a good swell if you know where to look (a lot of people don't think about the empty area from the back gate up to the beach where you fish. IM me when you show up there and we can get a surf in if there's ever waves here again.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,360
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    Good, maybe you can get me on base when I forget my I.D. (once a year I space it). Dam Neck is a beach break just like everywhere else. Sand bars shift and I've seen some nice setups in the 7 years I've been on base while back in Virginia. There is a shower area in the fall/spring to rinse suits off in the fall b/f they cut the water off and it's uncrowded in summer compared to public beaches. A quiet and kind of secluded base to work and access to uncrowded waves during a good swell if you know where to look (a lot of people don't think about the empty area from the back gate up to the beach where you fish. IM me when you show up there and we can get a surf in if there's ever waves here again.
    sounds good man. I will probably hit it up in a few months when the 3/2 temps come back into play and it stays lighter outside longer.

  7. #37
    Retired Military so that check comes in every month.
    Beachbody Coach to supplement. (Always looking for people to join my team. :P)

    Somebody said it well earlier...live within your means. Just finishing having a house built. 750 SF, spray foam and batt insulation, new ductless HVAC. keep the bills low and the water time high. Kids are grown and out of the house makes it easier too.