LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    You're wrong, all over the place wrong.

is it?

...can't see the forest for the trees.

or

...can not see the forest for the trees.

Images

fawning...or bucking

the problem with iconic figures is the distinction between the specific that made them iconic in a positive way.....and then all the horsesh!t that they did that seems to negate whatever good they may have done. however, it is not inconsistent to point to the positive aspects of a character when making a point about that singular aspect of human behavior. further, when someone is held up as important, trailblazing, important, finding the achilles' heel is sometimes easy and for some deflates the importance of the character's achievements. apparently, on one hand, dora was a selfish a$$hole, hunter s thompson a hopeless drunk, j. edgar hoover a confused cross dresser, jerry garcia an overweight heroin addict. to ignore the impact they've made on society or culture and the statements they've made about how we exist with each other and for ourselves (for good or ill) individually should not be ignored. you CAN separate one from the other. to appreciate the accomplishment does not always mean condoning the negative. all it takes is the ability to see more than simple black and white, dichotomy-driven thinking. critical thinking is the ability to see the complexity of something, the same way all of you view water....elixir of life, machine of locomotion, or deluge of death...all true, but none is the whole story. depends what the context is....

Images

Thumbs down

God damn this thread really sucks. Does anyone even read SJB's entire posts? It's just a bunch of retarded whining and gutless internet threats. These forums were cooler 3 years ago.

Ha I was just thinking about this last night. we are so busy advancing technology often times we don't even consider the footprint (not even environmentally) it leaves behind. for example the new LifeProof iphone case... okay awesome! for $70 I can use my own phone to capture my surfing and friends in the lineup. but doesn't that also means the yupies are going to be on checking emails and making conference calls out in the line up? eeek... it's not shoulder to should in the line up out here on but I feel bad for you SoCal boys. someone's going to have to hit a b*tch

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    You're wrong, all over the place wrong.

is it?

...can't see the forest for the trees.

or

...can not see the forest for the trees.

"can not" is one word my man. As in "cannot"

Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    the problem with iconic figures is the distinction between the specific that made them iconic in a positive way.....and then all the horsesh!t that they did that seems to negate whatever good they may have done. however, it is not inconsistent to point to the positive aspects of a character when making a point about that singular aspect of human behavior. further, when someone is held up as important, trailblazing, important, finding the achilles' heel is sometimes easy and for some deflates the importance of the character's achievements. apparently, on one hand, dora was a selfish a$$hole, hunter s thompson a hopeless drunk, j. edgar hoover a confused cross dresser, jerry garcia an overweight heroin addict. to ignore the impact they've made on society or culture and the statements they've made about how we exist with each other and for ourselves (for good or ill) individually should not be ignored. you CAN separate one from the other. to appreciate the accomplishment does not always mean condoning the negative. all it takes is the ability to see more than simple black and white, dichotomy-driven thinking. critical thinking is the ability to see the complexity of something, the same way all of you view water....elixir of life, machine of locomotion, or deluge of death...all true, but none is the whole story. depends what the context is....
    well said, for sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    God damn this thread really sucks. Does anyone even read SJB's entire posts? It's just a bunch of retarded whining and gutless internet threats. These forums were cooler 3 years ago.
    Agreed. +1

Images

Cool mahalo

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    well said, for sure
    danke shoen, muchas gracias, domo origato, cheers mate

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    oh and Oipaul too. Yes, YOU read every thing I write.Everywhere I go, there you are HAHAH youse guys are soooo stupid it isn't even funny. ECSponger I haven't made any threats on here. Show my threats. Kid you are a stupid little kid....go play video games. Have you read the things you post? I'm glad I get the retarded generations fired up.....Maybe they'll learn from all of this.

Attention morons, please go watch Leave it to Beaver episodes......Let Ward and June teach you how to be civil, decent human beings. You dudes ain't got nothing on Wally.

greatest American who ever lived??? seriously?