LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    greatest American who ever lived??? seriously?
    Ok maybe I was a tad togue-in-cheek with the greatest American who ever lived.....but actually I'm not sure. Who was greater? Politicians are completely evil. Dr. King had his vices......The founding fathers were slave-owning fornicating, drunks. Mainsteam sports stars are tools. My daddy is a great American, and so is Howard Stern, but I don't know. Maybe Dora was the greatest American to ever lived. Gosh if we listened to him maybe people like Ihatelongboarders wouldn't be here today.

the root of 99% or our local problems today are very simple....there are no enforcers anymore. lineups are too crowded? that's not an issue if there are some enforcers in the lineup to keep things sane. It all goes back to that. When guys started getting arrested for enforcing the rules, chaos reigned.

North East Coast of New Zealand's North Island

Cool

As the previous comments go to prove, Miki still generates controversy even ten years after his death. Speaking of which you are all cordially invited to visit the only website authorized by Miki: http://www.mikidora.com . The site will eventually contain a permanent online repository of letters, emails, faxes, photos and stories about Miki Dora, his life, his surfing and his contribution to surfing rich history. In the meantime you are also invited to take a look at the MikiDora.Com Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MikiD...28393610615154 . Cheers, Bob Feigel (Surfwriter.net)

Images
    I donít know as much about Dora as I should but, he doesnít sound very heroic or patriotic. If you victimize people to facilitate your own personal gain youíre a scumbag. All the foresight, style, and ripping in the world canít cure scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    All the foresight, style, and ripping in the world can’t cure scumbag.
    I know this discussion is not about whether Dora was a jerk or not (it's supposed to be about whether he's a great American or not), but a kid in my town who's a very talented college-aged surfer once said a very similar thing to what Doug said... "There's more to being a good surfer than just surfing good."

I think being a good American has more to do with working hard, being self sufficient, taking care of your family and property, and contributing to the welfare of the nation in whatever way you can. Dora a good American? I'm not so sure...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 7, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

theres a cop here talking****bout dora?

sounds like this ?MIKI Dora ...is the kind of guy that would steal your surfboard off the beach while your having a great session.

I think we all know how that would eventually turn out, nowadays.

Would you, could you take this thread to six pages?

Great first post, surf.ian

Images

bill, bill, billl....

what could have possibly gone wrong?