LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Fun things to do when it's flat(that means no waves, for the novices on here)

SJB and Swellinfo.com do not condone nor take responsibility for any of these actions.

1. Go to a convience store, late at night works best, wearing a ski mask. Warm weather makes it mo better too. Pace back and forth out front for a few minutes then go in the store. Look at magazines and throw a glance at the clerk every thirty seconds. Act real nervous-like.

2. Eat boxes of Shop Rite's Scrunchy's Bunch cereal.

3. Post boring messages on surfing websites. Hassle and complain about people who try and bring some levity to the site.

4. Photo Concentration Perception(PCP)

5. Go to Al's Adult World located on Rt. 29 in Neptune, New Jersey and meet up with LOSTsoul. He reportedly hangs out there. He'll take you to a dinner and a movie too.

6. Grab your pals and a camera. Shoot video of you guys smacking each other in the testicles. Post videos on Youtube and call it NOOB TV. Think of more creative ways to smack your buds in the groin so you can outshine Nub TV. Oh, fall off some things too.

7. Drink cheap vodka.

Hit the Art Galleries in DC. One of my favorite paintings on the planet is in the Corcoran Gallery (right next to the White House) its not a Smithsonian, but cheap to get in (10 bucks or so). Anyway, the painting is called "Ground Swell" painted by Edward Hopper in the 1950's or so. It is the best painting of a wave in my opinion anywhere. The Smithsonian Galleries are free; the only painting by Leonardo in the US, Vermeers, Van Goghs, Monets, Dali's Last Supper & its all free. The Potrait Gallery is worth going to just to see the official potrait of President Clinton by Chuck Close (only Clinton- God love him)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post

5. Go to Al's Adult World located on Rt. 29 in Neptune, New Jersey and meet up with LOSTsoul. He reportedly hangs out there. He'll take you to a dinner and a movie too.
    haha.... you know it!! No boogie boarders allowed.

Considering it's February...

1. Try to beat my kid at ping pong.
    2. Make some new templates.
    3. Run the dogs.
    4. Brew beer.
    5. Read.

Going to the gym is NOT fun.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    haha.... you know it!! No boogie boarders allowed.
    Aww come on can't you make an exception for me.......Hey I know you're one of those people that aren't fond of me, but I applaud your sense of humor. You can take a joke, and that's a good thing.

May somehow, someway both teams lose this Sunday. Thank you Jesus.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Considering it's February...

1. Try to beat my kid at ping pong.
    2. Make some new templates.
    3. Run the dogs.
    4. Brew beer.
    5. Read.

Going to the gym is NOT fun.
    Oh man, you brew beer? LBCrew where were you two years ago, man. I could have used you. Darn !!

People of Swellinfo, everybody should try and be like LBCrew. He seems to be quite the renaissance man. He doesn't yell at me and make me feel bad about myself,which makes me sleep with strange men, to compensate my father issues. He has good hobies/activities. He's dedicated to surfing. He doesn't get upset at weirdos on computers. He seems to just take it all in stride. He also has smarts. His calm demeanor should be what we all strive for. I salute you LBCrew.

1. Woodworking
    2. Fishing
    3. Building Stuff
    4. Fishing
    5. Woodworking
    6. Fishing
    7. Ride my bike
    8. Woodworking
    9. Work on the house and yard

Images
    10 fun things to do during flat spells:

1. Your girlfriend/wife
    2. Skate
    3. Snowboard
    4. Watch surf, skate and snowboard vids
    5. Fix those dings you've been putting off for the last 2 months
    6. Get on Swellinfo and yell at SouthjettyBill for making another thread
    7. Stare at the surf forecast until your eyes bleed, trying to pick out a time where it might be longboardable
    8. Work out, not really fun but will keep you in shape for the next swell
    9. Rob a bank or get some full on Oceans 11 plan going, cause who doesn't want to be part of a heist?
    10. Spend all the money you just stole to travel the world and surf where its not flat (or go to jail, whichever way it works out)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Hit the Art Galleries in DC. One of my favorite paintings on the planet is in the Corcoran Gallery (right next to the White House) its not a Smithsonian, but cheap to get in (10 bucks or so). Anyway, the painting is called "Ground Swell" painted by Edward Hopper in the 1950's or so. It is the best painting of a wave in my opinion anywhere. The Smithsonian Galleries are free; the only painting by Leonardo in the US, Vermeers, Van Goghs, Monets, Dali's Last Supper & its all free. The Potrait Gallery is worth going to just to see the official potrait of President Clinton by Chuck Close (only Clinton- God love him)
    I agree. Getting enchanment-like and going to art museums is pretty cool. Plus you get to feel cultured and sophisticated. You dudes out there should give it a whirl.

Erock, you seem to like wood. You should build a Noah's arc-like ship and gather some SwellInfo people and sail to new surf destinations. If you could build a ship that would be cool. I'd appreciate it. I need something to discover Marijuanaland in. Remember Marijuanaland, you are going to be Minister of Plants. Wow, green thumb and a craftsman. And a scholar.......I'm very impressed with you Erock. Very impressed. I thought people down south weren't too bright ? Go figure.(Calm down Southerners I'm just joking). Jesus, you could grow our crops, build our buildings and all sorts of stuff. You could become a very powerful man there. Just keep it in mind.

Hey Erock, we don't use the full capacity of our minds, right. So say, whether through death or other means, we could harness the power of full capacity, could we get the same feelings just viewing a wave as we do physically riding it with our limited brains? I know your scientifical so I figured I ask you. Thanks dude.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    10 fun things to do during flat spells:

1. Your girlfriend/wife
    Yours as in, mine? Or yours as in yours?