LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Developing

I too edit directly at the code level including PHP when needed. I have a BSIT and took my fair share of language classes and come from the old school world of IRC chat using EggDrop bots written in TCL. I rarely start from the ground up on sites now since it is so easy to "one click" install and backend edit from there.

Good luck darippah

Images
    Any expert php developers looking for some work in the Delmarva region, email me. Ideally, you would have experience with Zend Framework.

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Looking for someone to make me a complex site requiring php skills. Please PM for more details. Prefer to work with Surfers, but from the looks I'll end up outsourcing in India to save $$$, but I hate the idea
    Have you ever outsourced programming to India before? A colleague of mine did for a new business he was starting. Very complex site. Turned out to be a nightmare and not nearly as cheap as he thought once the Indians were finished nickle and diming him. Only good thing about outsourcing is you can withhold payment and they have no way of suing you.

Not nearly worth the headache imho. If you can't afford to have Americans do it, save your money and wait until you can.

Images
    I don't like outsourcing to foreign countries... Working remotely with someone in another state can even be difficult.

It might work fine for simple, straight forward projects, where collaboration is minimal, but most projects are more sophisticated and require a lot of communication to get it done right.

Looking for someone to make me a complex site requiring php skills. Please PM for more details. Prefer to work with Surfers, but from the looks I'll end up outsourcing in India to save $$$, but I hate the idea

I make websites, and surf a bit when I can! www.truedesigngroup.com to learn more... hit me up directly at justin@truedesigngroup.com with a few of your thoughts/needs, I do this on the side and don't charge very much compared to a lot of other designers.

Justin

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    I too edit directly at the code level including PHP when needed. I have a BSIT and took my fair share of language classes and come from the old school world of IRC chat using EggDrop bots written in TCL. I rarely start from the ground up on sites now since it is so easy to "one click" install and backend edit from there.

Good luck darippah
    Being a former IRC Admin and Network Operator, this post warms my heart and brings back a lot of memories. I' shocked to see TCL mentioned on a surf forum.

Images
    Thanks for the responses guys. The site that I am making is basically a clone of this site for surfing equipment. I think I need someone that has created a similar site before, but all thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks for the responses guys. The site that I am making is basically a clone of this site for surfing equipment. I think I need someone that has created a similar site before, but all thoughts would be appreciated
    Joomla and Virtuecart would so that with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Being a former IRC Admin and Network Operator, this post warms my heart and brings back a lot of memories. I' shocked to see TCL mentioned on a surf forum.
    Funny, I was an IRC admin for many years, wrote several MIRC scripts that were globally used and ran plenty of takeover botnets. At one point I also had my own IRC network for a blessed few.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Funny, I was an IRC admin for many years, wrote several MIRC scripts that were globally used and ran plenty of takeover botnets. At one point I also had my own IRC network for a blessed few.
    I do miss those days...sometimes.