LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: drunk

Images
    i like a good beer buzz from time to time before I paddle out. Usually end up burning the booze off pretty quick. kind of like rocket fuel i guess. never really surfed full on drunk.... at least i don't remember if i did. That's the irish in me.

I don't like surfing wasted, but it's fun to surf with a pretty good buzz when the waves are just ok, it's summer time, hanging with friends on the beach, late in the day... especially if there are people in your group actually drunk and don't surf--best time to talk someone into trying it out. Endless laughs for everybody.

Images
    i surfed hungover a lot in the past. the cold water definetly helps and gets rid of it. I usually chug 2-3 cups of water before I go out with a small bite to eat and after the session I am good to go, along with a nap, and more food...and maybe some advil and ice water

I know guys who would drink a 6 pack and paddle out to outer reefs. I would sit in the car and sip on a 22oz. silver bullet just to get the jitters out and loosen up. Always helps to have a cooler in the trunk when you're surfing solo at a localized spot. you make friends real quick
    Where I live drinking and surfing go hand in hand. The post or pre surf beer in the parking lot is a rite of passage for the local crew and an honor for the white boy transplant. I try to avoid the pre-surf beer but sometimes you just can't. When the local heavy says "have a beer before you paddle out" you have a beer(s). Or this weekend surfed the early afternoon session... drank my part of an 18er in the parking lot... realized I was too trashed to get home... had to do the PM session to sober up... put a whole new spin on surfing. 3-4 ft barreling waves on a full tide. Geeking every time I took off on a wave or every paddle out with my buddies. Luckily we had the conditions wired from our 3 hr session earlier and it didn't turn out to be the flail fest I had anticipated. Awesome but probably won't try to do that one again.

Ive surfed hungover many of times surfed hungover as HELL during hurricane Igor in Rhodie head and a half to double overhead. Wasnt one of my greatest ideas. took a few beatings that day.

Surfing with a hangover doesn't sound fun at all. Surfing drunk sounds like a pretty dangerous move if you ask me. The ocean doesn't take kindly to overconfidence.

it gets me stoked to paddle out on a nice clean chest high day after killing half a bottle of rum, hell after killing some rum i paddle out at night for a few waves and have the time of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Where I live drinking and surfing go hand in hand. The post or pre surf beer in the parking lot is a rite of passage for the local crew and an honor for the white boy transplant. I try to avoid the pre-surf beer but sometimes you just can't. When the local heavy says "have a beer before you paddle out" you have a beer(s). Or this weekend surfed the early afternoon session... drank my part of an 18er in the parking lot... realized I was too trashed to get home... had to do the PM session to sober up... put a whole new spin on surfing. 3-4 ft barreling waves on a full tide. Geeking every time I took off on a wave or every paddle out with my buddies. Luckily we had the conditions wired from our 3 hr session earlier and it didn't turn out to be the flail fest I had anticipated. Awesome but probably won't try to do that one again.
    my limit is a few before a surf, mostly 2-3 if I got the rest of the day to chill. Surfing with one other guy at Goat Island ES Oahu. It's a wooded area and pretty much not visible from the road. And these locals sitting in a truck kept eyeing us as we were getting our boards out. I thought for sure we were in the wrong place and situation was gonna get worse. Big Samoan guy walks toward our truck and more or less tells us to come over and have a beer. I wasn't gonna argue with the guy and 1 beer sounded good. Fast forward 30 minutes later my friend and I had put away about a 12 pack of their ice cold Budweiser. Island life is the best bet you're stoked to be there.

surf? I can't even swim...

Images
    Oh man Trump Marina...........four to five hours........head over to States or Crystals.........smoke butts with the homies on the boards.....Paddle out.........If you are more than buzzed, you are going to have a BAD time surfing....But if the water is cold it will sober you up a bit.....And yes cold water will make your hangover much better. One time hahaha I nodded out in the water....fell right of my board and came to in the water. Yeah......Chasing seagulls is great when you are inebriated.......Get all low on cloudy summer days and just walk the water's edge....give weird looks to the beach sitters......do a homeless-like stroll down the beach..Give them something to look at. Don't care what people think........Be a show......Dudes, remember some day you'll be at your death bed, and you'll think back......HAVE MEMORIES....GOOD TIMES........Be different. You don't have to sit at a desk staring at a computer screen all day. Remember some of y'all follow patterns, you don't have to have kids and families.....it's not scripted. Be free if you want........drink cheap vodka.

I'm not advocating this but opiates will completely cure your hangover. Gone......