LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrab View Post
    thanks for the feedback. think im gonna go 5'6" with a twinzer set up!
    Talk to mgarbutt about having one shaped! He's great at what he does...

where are you guys sourcing your blanks for mini-simms?

dude. dont get it shaped. just shape it yourself. Probably one of the easiest shapes ever done. You can even use block foam instead of a blank.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    dude. dont get it shaped. just shape it yourself. Probably one of the easiest shapes ever done. You can even use block foam instead of a blank.
    Yep..second that. I shaped mine out of block foam. never bother putting in a stringer either.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbar18
    where are you guys sourcing your blanks for mini-simms?
    If you are anywhere near ocean city maryland, there is a place in west OC called coastal surf supplies that had at least 50-75 blanks in stock when i stopped by the other day. The short, wide Marko Foam egg blanks that would be ideal for a Mini Simmons were about $70/ea. Thinking about making a couple myself when this spring.
    Last edited by mitchell; Feb 8, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Take some time to go through the blog page supporting the Simmons exhibit at, Loft 9 Gallery / Hydrodynamica, at
    http://loft9gallery.wordpress.com/. Especially when you get down to the "bar of soap" section. Contrast those boards to the original design Simmons long boards. Altogether this can be a guide to where you are headed with a Mini Simmons design. The guys at the Surfy Surfy surf shop might answer some of your questions if you give them a phone call.

mitchel is spot on. that board flies

thanks mitchell, always wanted to shape my own board, i am close to o.c. i will swing by and check them out. doesent hurt to give it a try, glassing might be an issue thou. killer website rodndtbue. thanks

ordered a 4'11x22x2 5/8, i'm 5'8 and weigh 150. its supposed to be really small thats why its called a mini simmons

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    The guys at the Surfy Surfy surf shop might answer some of your questions if you give them a phone call.
    Surfy Surfy YEEYAH BOOYEEE

Only the kine boards

the size strongly depends on your ability as well.
    Telling someone who is a beginner to intermediate to by a 4'10 is setting them up for a world of frustration and disappointment.
    Let's face it there aren't alot of Dane Renolyds in the mid atlantic.