LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat

Flat

I have honestly never seen such a long flat spell in my life. This is absurd, the east coast is just to inconsistent for surfing. I need to make my way to California, end of story. Does anyone feel the same?

Images
    Hell yea man. I need to make my way over to SD after I graduate from college. I'm a sop****re now so its not too far away!! I was talking with somebody who lives over there now and he said it hasn't been less than four feet for the past five weeks over there.....I haven't surfed anything over 4ft since october.......
    VB sucks haha

Images
    whoa... they blocked the middle of soph.o.m.o.re because it looked like h.o.m.o. Really??

Images

lies LIES LIES

there are no waves here. it is all a carefully constructed diabolical plan to empty the lineups elsewhere.

Yeah stop crying .. there will be waves. any surfer knows how to deal with a flat spell. You must only surf when its double over head.. cuz Sat, sun, monday we had fun waves

Let me add to this misery train. Other than the current flat spell, the Mid Atlantic Coast is not that good even when there are waves. There are a few spots here & there, but the coast has been dredged so many times it causes the waves to dump along a paralel line to the beach. I don't know how many times I have been out on fair sized days & the waves are so steep you can barely ride at all. I have finally decided to hit Assategue or Wallups when I go now. Its a waste of time to even look anywhere else. I grew up in Fla & when we did have waves, it was good pretty much anywhere.

All I know is the folks up in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast have been dropping the ball. Usually they are breeding Nor'Easters and sending them down our way this time of year. Thanks for nothing fellas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Let me add to this misery train. Other than the current flat spell, the Mid Atlantic Coast is not that good even when there are waves. There are a few spots here & there, but the coast has been dredged so many times it causes the waves to dump along a paralel line to the beach. I don't know how many times I have been out on fair sized days & the waves are so steep you can barely ride at all. I have finally decided to hit Assategue or Wallups when I go now. Its a waste of time to even look anywhere else. I grew up in Fla & when we did have waves, it was good pretty much anywhere.
    disagree...OCMD has been breaking really good all fall and winter (when there's swell). Summer OC did suck from the dredging, but lately it been a lot better. I know there havent been many days bigger than chest high in the past 3 months but the ones we've had have been breaking better in town than Assateague.

This guy's shots from last week look pretty decent. If its got size, go at higher tide for the open shoulders.

https://plus.google.com/s/sturgis%20...83398565794497

THIS is a flat spell. A number of fun, small days all winter up until now have kept me from jumping in front of the UPS truck. But this is looking really, REALLY bad...

yeah no sh.i.t.. a couple weeks ago I was telling myself that this would all be over in a couple weeks.. but yet the forecast for the next week out is flat...