LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Flat

Quote Originally Posted by seanweber View Post
    I have honestly never seen such a long flat spell in my life. This is absurd, the east coast is just to inconsistent for surfing. I need to make my way to California, end of story. Does anyone feel the same?
    Smell ya later....

Not to worry, March is coming...Next to October this month rocks!

I just got 3 hours solid of waist high. I would have liked it to be bigger. I feel brand new

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    I'm going down if the forecast stays solid. Gonna be the coldest sesh I've had in years, though.
    I dunno, too much NW in it. I wouldn't bet my paycheck on a fun session. It's one of those times you make a call that morning and drive like a bat outta hell to get there before it goes flat leaving the wife and kids staring at the wall wondering what happened to those plans made 4 days ago to spend Sunday in Williamsburg.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    All I know is the folks up in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast have been dropping the ball. Usually they are breeding Nor'Easters and sending them down our way this time of year. Thanks for nothing fellas.....

A nor'easter (also northeaster; see below) is a type of macro-scale storm along the East Coast of the United States and Atlantic Canada, so named because the storm travels "to the northeast from the south" and the winds come from the northeast, especially in the coastal areas of the Northeastern United States and Atlantic Canada. The storm has characteristics very similar to a hurricane. More specifically it describes a low-pressure area whose center of rotation is just off the East Coast and whose leading winds in the left forward quadrant rotate onto land from the northeast.

I think you are refering to a clipper system which comes down from the North to the South....... Just sayin'
    Last edited by wave1rider65; Feb 10, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    guys this was all my fault. when i had my knee surgery on dec 19th i wished a flat winter on the whole east coast up until the day i can start surfing again which will be somtime in late april.

Yea.......Let me know next time you're going to SWSurfShop...... I have a new bat I need to try out!! If I can't make it I'm sure Tony will work something out for me. You might make make it back out by Dec...........maybe.
    Last edited by wave1rider65; Feb 10, 2012 at 07:24 PM.

I'll be in Pittsburgh for 5 days around President's Day weekend! THAT'S when NJ will have a consistent swell....
    All work and no surf make's the Duke of Cool a dull boy......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by topo View Post
    let me add to this misery train. Other than the current flat spell, the mid atlantic coast is not that good even when there are waves. There are a few spots here & there, but the coast has been dredged so many times it causes the waves to dump along a paralel line to the beach. I don't know how many times i have been out on fair sized days & the waves are so steep you can barely ride at all. I have finally decided to hit assategue or wallups when i go now. Its a waste of time to even look anywhere else. I grew up in fla & when we did have waves, it was good pretty much anywhere.
    sea girt, nj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images
    Anybody think Saturday in Maine is worth an hour drive? I'm desperate for surf...

Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    A nor'easter (also northeaster; see below) is a type of macro-scale storm along the East Coast of the United States and Atlantic Canada, so named because the storm travels "to the northeast from the south" and the winds come from the northeast, especially in the coastal areas of the Northeastern United States and Atlantic Canada. The storm has characteristics very similar to a hurricane. More specifically it describes a low-pressure area whose center of rotation is just off the East Coast and whose leading winds in the left forward quadrant rotate onto land from the northeast.

I think you are refering to a clipper system which comes down from the North to the South....... Just sayin'
    Yup............