LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat

1. Hmmmm there were definitely waves this evening in the OC ... waist high sets with some nice rights peeling across ... wasnt expecting to surf today but was a delightful unexpected treat! me and a few heads out till dark!

Again the envy of the "eyes on" crew(s). I missed it all...

Irony, I'm going to St. Pete next week, might be bigger waves in the gulf!

Wow Lol they really do block out sop****re

It wouldn't be so bad if there was hope on the horizon but everyday the forcast calls for more of the same seven days out...La Nina, warm and flat....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    Again the envy of the "eyes on" crew(s). I missed it all...

Irony, I'm going to St. Pete next week, might be bigger waves in the gulf!
    Trust me, there aren't. This was from this afternoon at Venice Beach Pier, and hell hath no flatter ocean than southwest Florida, including St. Pete.

think back to January 2011.....THAT WAS A FLAT SPELL! maybe 1 surfable day the whole month up here in jersey.

Images
    Thanks to all humans for screwing up the Mother Earth's delicate balance of atmosphereic conditions....EXTREME WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES....Please tell the assh#$%# running this country that global warming is actually happening...or should i just say REPUBLICANS! Ice caps melting, extreme droughts, rains, floods....its' not the end of the world. ITS US!!!!!!! Let's just hope this means hurricane season will rock. Mother nature will come through again.....one day.

Has anyone done a board burning? There are ways to make it through the flat times:
    Drink Jack Daniels
    Shoot Guns
    Go to the gym
    Watch animal planet- Finding Bigfoot is a must.
    Watch my neighbor from Argentina do her yoga workout through her big bay window.
    Drive wife and kids crazy
    Earth board- skateboarding for grown-ups
    Take an MMA/Jiu-Jitsu class (I teach the latter)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    think back to January 2011.....THAT WAS A FLAT SPELL! maybe 1 surfable day the whole month up here in jersey.
    Exactly...thats why i really havent minded this winter's small swell.

January 2011 was bitter cold and mostly ankle high all month on Delmarva...NW winds EVERY day, water temps in the upper 30s.

First six weeks of 2012 seem below average, but with a few waist high days, couple chest high ones, warmer water and warmer air definately better than 2011

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Thanks to all humans for screwing up the Mother Earth's delicate balance of atmosphereic conditions....EXTREME WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES....Please tell the assh#$%# running this country that global warming is actually happening...or should i just say REPUBLICANS! Ice caps melting, extreme droughts, rains, floods....its' not the end of the world. ITS US!!!!!!! Let's just hope this means hurricane season will rock. Mother nature will come through again.....one day.
    It's not "global warming" it's "climate change". Didn't you get the memo? I think the EXTREME flat spell is caused by the latest round of EXTREME SOLAR FLARES. POTATO SALAD!