LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    Trying to figure this out...It looks like the wave graphs are based off of the previous GFS run, which had the storm tracking just off the coast all the way up into New England. On the other hand, the wave maps (which are updated more frequently) look to be based off of the current GFS model which has the storm heading off the coast of North Carolina and out to sea. I think that's where the discrepancy comes from.
    I think you nailed it...
    The 00z NOAA wavewatch III run showed a big pulse of E swell for sunday. like 6 feet at 8 seconds off north jersey/island. I usually dont check the 0z run because it comes out at midnight. By 6 a.m. the 06z run is out and that one is showing small for sunday. Crazy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I think you nailed it...
    The 00z NOAA wavewatch III run showed a big pulse of E swell for sunday. like 6 feet at 8 seconds off north jersey/island. I usually dont check the 0z run because it comes out at midnight. By 6 a.m. the 06z run is out and that one is showing small for sunday. Crazy.
    Correct.... Allthough, its the GFS run we are dependent on, which provides the wind data input for Wavewatch and Swellinfo model runs.

I'm just not seeing it on this one. I can't even place the system in our swell window at this point.

God, I hope I'm wrong...

winds are going to be hard east