LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: This Weekend??

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    185
    " Enjoy good company, make friendships, share the waves, thats what its about. Don't be haters[/QUOTE]

    C thats where your wrong! It aint like that........

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    damn mon is presidents day!!! wtf finially get waves and its a holiday wtf!! count down is on for some quality sessions b4 everything gets kooked out..
    What are you talking about? Jersey is a KooK factory. lol. Im just kidding. I couldnt care less about the kookiness going on in this thread.
    But I do hope we get some surf Sunday/Monday.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    I agree with most of what you are saying. If people are respectful in and out of the water, there wouldn't be an issue...
    ...There are less people in the town who end up paying a great deal more and have their taxes raised...

    ...Until this behavior changes (which will probably never happen), you just have to deal with being called bennys and shoobies...

    ...Also, you can live near the beach if you make sacrifices. There are also plenty of colleges near coastal towns...

    ...You just have to work hard and not depend on govt handouts. Take responsibility for yourself, save money and cut your costs...
    My 2 cents as a surfer who has lived all over the world and never actually a "home break". I live inland now get pretty tired of listening to the "local hate".

    1. Respect goes both ways. When I see "local bro's" acting like kooks, I get offended. Many of you on this board seem to think that people should respect you, though you owe them nothing in return and reserve to right to be an a-hole if visitors do not bow down and kiss your feet. Unfortunately, that is not how it works, and I don't give two sh!ts where you live (You drop in on me, I'll probably drop in you INTENTIONALLY).

    2. Beach towns exist because of tourists. If taxes are going up, then your city government is failing to run a good tourist town. People have this false perception that "we don't need the tourists, man, it's so awesome and quiet in the winter". I like quiet too, but you need tourists to show up, and that's just the way it is. Do you know what they call other towns that are "quiet with nobody around"? Detroit.

    3. Ha! Call me Benny and watch me go piss in your gas tank.

    4. Many of us have chosen to live elsewhere because we have priorities. Because you have chosen to live off the tourist teet doesn't say anything about me, but it says a lot about you. I respect your decision, and I am also perfectly happy with my own.

    5. Government handouts? Where did that enter the discussion. Oh crap, I must have forgotten that all city folk live on welfare...how silly of me.


    These discussions help me remember why I stopped posting here for so long.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    My 2 cents as a surfer who has lived all over the world and never actually a "home break". I live inland now get pretty tired of listening to the "local hate".

    1. Respect goes both ways. When I see "local bro's" acting like kooks, I get offended. Many of you on this board seem to think that people should respect you, though you owe them nothing in return and reserve to right to be an a-hole if visitors do not bow down and kiss your feet. Unfortunately, that is not how it works, and I don't give two sh!ts where you live (You drop in on me, I'll probably drop in you INTENTIONALLY).

    2. Beach towns exist because of tourists. If taxes are going up, then your city government is failing to run a good tourist town. People have this false perception that "we don't need the tourists, man, it's so awesome and quiet in the winter". I like quiet too, but you need tourists to show up, and that's just the way it is. Do you know what they call other towns that are "quiet with nobody around"? Detroit.

    3. Ha! Call me Benny and watch me go piss in your gas tank.

    4. Many of us have chosen to live elsewhere because we have priorities. Because you have chosen to live off the tourist teet doesn't say anything about me, but it says a lot about you. I respect your decision, and I am also perfectly happy with my own.

    5. Government handouts? Where did that enter the discussion. Oh crap, I must have forgotten that all city folk live on welfare...how silly of me.


    These discussions help me remember why I stopped posting here for so long.
    Wow! You don't have to be too sensitive. I didn't say everyone acts disrespectful that is not a local. I just notice that most people who don't follow etiquette are from out of the area. All the locals that I know never drop in on any one regardless of where they are from. We just expect the same in return. If your respect me than I will respect you. I just say that the stereotypes exist because many people that are from out of the area are aholes, not all of them. It's a shame that everyone gets bunched in with them but that's the way it is.

    The town I live in doesn't rely on tourist dollars. We don't have your tourist stores. Only the beach brings in money thru badges which helps pay for cleaning up the tourist garbage. My town could easily survive without tourist dollars and so could many other towns. The huge majority of business owners in other coastal towns are from North Jersey, Philly, or New York. Therefore, all the tourist profits are going to non-locals anyway. Also, all the landlords who own property in beach towns are from other areas and they primarily rent to illegals which causes rent prices to be extremely high (because 20 people can share rent which costs 2500/month where a small family that is here legally can afford it). So basically, many non-locals are hurting beach towns in more ways than you think. The out of towners rent to youngs kids who destroy the town in the summer and illegals in the winter. The landlords don't live here. So they don't give a crap about the town or it's condition. COs should be enforced thoroughly and landlords hit with huge fines. IF they can't rent their properties legally, then they need to sell it.

    As you say, much of this is bad local govt but some people should just have some morals/ethics.

    Also, I wasn't limiting just city people to benefits from the government. I shouldn't have even mentioned it. It's just that the lineups are crowded all days of the week. Doesn't anyone work anymore. That's all I meant.

    You kind of proved my stereotype of a benny by the piss in the gas tank comment. Talk to you later, benny.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,336
    Images
    23

  6. #26

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    Wow! You don't have to be too sensitive.
    You kind of proved my stereotype of a benny by the piss in the gas tank comment. Talk to you later, benny.
    1. "Fed up with ignorance" does not equate "sensitive", and I could care less how much the sand between your legs itches.*

    2. That you actually believe I would piss in your gas tank...makes me feel VERY good that I don't live in New Jersey!

    3. I understand that you don't like tourist slobs, but equating visiting surfers with them is extremely narrow-minded and does little to bridge the gap between two groups of people who should probably get along just fine.

    4. If I actually saw you in the water, we'd probably have ZERO issues whatsoever, so there's not point in having a dumb internet fight.







    *Intended as humorous sarcasm.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilly33 View Post
    There is a swell coming up the coast this weekend...any suggestions on where to go? Im road tripping from college in PA and hitting up wherever the waves look good. Im been following the Jersey forecast as well as NY and even North Carolina. Looking for the cleanest waves this weekend. Let me know your thoughts. Hopefully it happens
    First off, I'm sorry that you live in Pennsylvania. Please make sure to read this really slowly so that even you can understand why people are hesitant to give you any advice on where to surf this weekend (I kid). Here's the deal: it's not just you. If it were, it wouldn't be such a big deal but people generally don't want to run the risk of sharing waves with every tom, ****, and harry from out of town who heard the waves were going to be good at x beach because some guy said so on the Swellinfo forums. Think of how many people read these things. Also, there is such a breadth of of swell and weather information available on the internet that you've got to be the biggest spoon-fed mother****er to ever live to just straight up ask someone where they think it's going to be good. What would you do if no one was there to tell you what to do? Knowledge is your friend, buddy. No one likes the guy who takes the easiest way out. I implore you, my friend, use your head and figure it out for yourself. Good luck.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cape May Co, NJ
    Posts
    470
    A Kayaker fighting with a Sup'er - now thats funny.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cape May Co, NJ
    Posts
    470
    Wait - a guy is motoring out on a jet propelled electric surfboard to kill em both.