LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

what the f@$& just happened????

I go to bed last night dreaming of the south windswell heading our way on Sunday, only to wake up this morning and see that it had disappeared from the forecast! Is this some kind of a joke? This flatness is a curse I tell you. I'm about to start sacrificing baby goats.

Images
    Nothing's going to happen until March
    at least thats what I think....

Dam Groundhog

Dude i feel the exact same way wtf. swell info changes their forecast every 10 minutes. i'm bout to start using sufline

haha ill help with the sacrificing

Surfline is great but they don't have a very good forecast for southern NC. Swellinfo is usually decent but they do change their forecast a lot, especially for my region.

Images
    computer models folks... the models shift the storm track, and that changes the forecast.

i completely understand what you guys mean, but i am to offer a little solution: The Carver Board. Plain and simple, if i wasn't using it, i would have started throwing babies against the wall.

But now as far as forecasting goes, i found swellinfo to be my main source, but i also take surfline's report and find the middle between the 2. Swellinfo may change alot but that's because it runs off of an up-to-date computer program. granted surfline will update once in the morning, and once at night, but i've noticed surfline will leave the same forceasted report up wether or not the surf changes. **** sucks when your expecting 4-5 ft. and clean, then the weather changed by an act of whatever ruins this world, and surfline won't update any information.

So, Superstoked on the Updated info here. Please keep it rolling because i'd rather face to truth about what were gonna get, Rather than to expect a fairytale ending, while getting ****ty day of crappy surf.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    computer models folks... the models shift the storm track, and that changes the forecast.
    WHAT?!? i thought there was some dude chain smoking cigarettes and pounding coffee, staying up all night to bring me up to the ten-minute surf forecasts for my specific break! what a let down...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Over-toe View Post
    i completely understand what you guys mean, but i am to offer a little solution: The Carver Board. Plain and simple, if i wasn't using it, i would have started throwing babies against the wall.

But now as far as forecasting goes, i found swellinfo to be my main source, but i also take surfline's report and find the middle between the 2. Swellinfo may change alot but that's because it runs off of an up-to-date computer program. granted surfline will update once in the morning, and once at night, but i've noticed surfline will leave the same forceasted report up wether or not the surf changes. **** sucks when your expecting 4-5 ft. and clean, then the weather changed by an act of whatever ruins this world, and surfline won't update any information.

So, Superstoked on the Updated info here. Please keep it rolling because i'd rather face to truth about what were gonna get, Rather than to expect a fairytale ending, while getting ****ty day of crappy surf.
    couldn't agree more about the carver. i got one about three months ago and it's what keeps me going. the closest thing to surfing you can find without getting your feet wet. if you live on the east coast you need a carver.