LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    and just to clarify, i'm not complaining about the forecasting on swellinfo. you guys do a great job. i'm just frustrated that mother nature keeps punking me

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    WHAT?!? i thought there was some dude chain smoking cigarettes and pounding coffee, staying up all night to bring me up to the ten-minute surf forecasts for my specific break! what a let down...
    Hahahahahaha!! Man that was the same picture I had in my head!

Yeah... I had new wheels put on my Sector 9 circa 1996 and have been loving it. Kind of like surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by WBncSurf View Post
    Dude i feel the exact same way wtf. swell info changes their forecast every 10 minutes. i'm bout to start using sufline
    Surfline is off some of the time, as well. And I pay premium for that. This site is free and they do what they can to calculate east coast surf conditions which are about as erratic as a crack-head looking for his next fix.

At least its not magic seaweed. Nontheless, its ALMOST as bad...Every week they forecast a bomb swell for the end of the week and everyday it gets closer the report gets worse until it says flat and choppy. Swellinfo does almost the same thing just not as exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    At least its not magic seaweed. Nontheless, its ALMOST as bad...Every week they forecast a bomb swell for the end of the week and everyday it gets closer the report gets worse until it says flat and choppy. Swellinfo does almost the same thing just not as exaggerated.
    I rephrase my statement. There's really not much they can do when the swell is that far away, its just annoying. SWELLINFO WORKS VERY HARD AND I APPRECIATE THAT VERY MUCH. Its just a little annoying. Magic Seaweed pulls that crap all the time though...

who will be the first boob to say "its a free service and you dont have to use it!"?... well other than me saying it in this post...
    lol.

There wasn't much confidence in this one, period. Not the typical setup, without the typical trailing cold front, storm out of position, high pressure steering things off course...

I never really saw it happening to begin with, so I'm not that upset about it now.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    lol @ the ignorance in this thread

Everyone can agree on a couple things.

Forecasting (72+ hrs out) is damn near impossible to nail.

SI is much better than magic seaweed.

We are all frustrated with the lack of swell this winter, and not all of us have the financial luxury to travel extensively. I dont think any of us are hating on the site (at least im not) but it does seem that the forecast have become less accurate. Don't get me wrong, "tings change" (so are the words of a surfing buddy of mine) but it seems that "tings change" a little too dramatically in the forecast. Example, I was looking on the SI app, and the buoy 41036 was reading 7.9 ft sse @ 9 sec. This was very recently. I'd say in the past week or so. After seeing that I flipped on the cam at my spot and it was flatter than kansas. Please don't think I'm complaining about SI, I'm just wondering what would cause the discrepency. I'm just making an observation and giving my 2 cents (which probably isn't worth that).

We've had a wave starved (no, famined) winter and I'm ready just like the rest of everyone to paddle out. This knee high bs has got to stop.

I think we should sacrifice a baby goat and a never ridden off the shelf al merrick stick, but that's just my opinion