LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gyms

Gyms

Anyone work out at Retro.Thinking about joining.Pros/Cons. 20 Bucks seems dirt cheap.

Images
    Recently joined Retro in Wall/ Manasquan, NJ. Good value. Plenty of equipment. Much better variety of equip. than the Planet Fitness I was at. Large number of high school meatheads from 3 til about 8. They're not really the tanned, roided meatheads, but they are just as annoying.

Images
    heres how it works.. i signed a 1 yr contract, 1.5 yrs later cancelled and had to pay a big fee i forget the exact dollar. they renew ur contract and screw u,u can only cxl exactly on the year

Retro is legit i've been a member for a while, however it can get super crowded and annoying. You just have to go at the right times.

Images
    planet fitness is the worst. They don't even have barbells there. If you are in the Wall/Manasquan area check out Brielle Sports Club on 35 in Wall. $10/month plus $50 to join (it changes). Or WOW on 35 in Wall. That place is only $20/month I think. Brielle is always pretty empty, on the smaller side but they have everything.

Images
    What is your driving/walking distance to your gym? I hate where I live; there are two gyms within a 5 minute drive but they are literally so small. I'm talking like 900sq.ft. small. They both charge $30/month and $35/month. It's ridiculous and absurd. The next closest gym is 8 miles away and a 10 minute drive but that is $45/month. The nearest Retro to me is like 12-15 minutes and I can't seem to justify driving that every time I want to go to the gym.

spend $120 and get yourself P90X...I used to go to the gym and never saw the results I have seen with P90X and you can do it right at home. If you work out at a gym, chances are you'll be waiting for people to get done using equipment, during that time you end up cooling down and don't benefit fully from the workout. Just my $.02.

Images
    Dips and Pull Ups in the basement (approx 100 each per week). Jogging outside.
    nuff said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    spend $120 and get yourself P90X...I used to go to the gym and never saw the results I have seen with P90X and you can do it right at home. If you work out at a gym, chances are you'll be waiting for people to get done using equipment, during that time you end up cooling down and don't benefit fully from the workout. Just my $.02.
    Got a real nice home gym.Paid about a grand for it.Just thinking about mixing it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Dips and Pull Ups in the basement (approx 100 each per week). Jogging outside.
    nuff said.....
    word. free is good! in my experience, this won't get you jacked and tan, but I'd like to avoid that sort of thing anyway.