LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    in hatteras, its gotta be hatteras island boardsports. the guys there know what they're talking about and know how to keep me coming back for more. and the new shop they're about to open is gonna kill it.

freedom surf in va beach is a no brainer. they've got a rad style, great customer service, and stick to their roots.

finally, in ocean city, its malibu's. lee knows everything about all the merch he sells. and every kid that works there surfs religiously. and each surfboard in there is sick in its own right.

i'm obviously a "mom and pop" surf shop kinda guy and all of these shops are great examples of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Hands down Chauncey's in Ocean City, MD.
    Anyone who says K-Coast is a kook. (I actually think that may be what the K stands for)
    Agreed. It's full of people who work at a surf shop for the cool factor. Any place you buy a board without having a set of fins thrown in is a load if you ask me. It's like going to a car dealership and having to pay extra for the wheels.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Anyone who says K-Coast is a kook. (I actually think that may be what the K stands for)
    The K actually does stand for something.. i dont think it was even called K Coast when they first opened up in downtown OC back in the 1980s before they moved up to 77th st. It was some word that started with a "k" not kook but some long a$$ed word.

Man...memories fade...someone on here with brain cells left knows what i'm searching for.

The last time i went in there a couple years ago I was fondling a nice hand shaped Larry Mayo poly keel fin fish and told the clerk how i really liked the shape but 6'0" was just too big. He proceeds to proudly show me three or four 5'6" SURFTECH Larry Mayo keel fin fishes and was like "no problem we've got shorter ones!" i bummed out and left.
    Last edited by mitchell; Mar 2, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    The K actually does stand for something.. i dont think it was even called K Coast when they first opened up in downtown OC back in the 1980s before they moved up to 77th st. It was some word that started with a "k" not kook but some long a$$ed word.

Man...memories fade...someone on here with brain cells left knows what i'm searching for.

The last time i went in there a couple years ago I was fondling a nice hand shaped Larry Mayo poly keel fin fish and told the clerk how i really liked the shape but 6'0" was just too big. He proceeds to proudly show me three or four 5'6" SURFTECH Larry Mayo keel fin fishes and was like "no problem we've got shorter ones!" i bummed out and left.
    From their website:

"K-Coast Surf Shop first opened its doors over twenty two years ago in the spring of 1989 on Somerset Street in downtown Ocean City. During that first summer, the tiny 600 square foot shop was originally called Kookaburra Coast, named after the Australian Kingfisher bird."

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    lightly salted labrador has that supercool and groovy fake hippie vibe for sure.all surfers gotta eat,so let's squeeze every last dollar out of them and all poser kooks and phony hippies with our surf-themed food establishments and phony hippie surf shops.glide,dude bro,friendly vibes,the surf 'culture'
    As the saying goes, "Haters are gonna hate."