Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Does anyone wear contacts when surfing?

Does anyone wear contacts when surfing?

If so; any tips other than bring ALOT!?

Thanks for your time,

Chad

I wear my Contacts when surfing. nothing ever happens to them. DONT OPEN YOUR EYES UNDERWATER! thats really all just common sense.

Images
    Yeah I wear mine as well, never really had a problem until this past fall when I lost one getting worked on an overhead day. I tried to paddle back out and keep surfing but my depth perception was all off so I had to go in and grab a spare out of my car. Ruined the session for sure since by the time I got my gloves off and and got back out there I only had like 20 minutes before dark.

Its pretty annoying, I would like to save up for Lasik so I don't have to deal with it and can have no problems opening my eyes underwater. Maybe someday...

Images
    Right here. I've been wearing them for the 8 years I've been surfing/bodyboarding. I didn't have much of a problem when surfing with them, but ever since I started bodyboarding, the ratio of losing one to days surfing is about 1:2. I hate it. Ruins the session because I have one good eye and one bad eye and if I don't have an extra pair, nor my glasses, it sucks driving home!

Images
    yea i wear them
    sometimes a rogue wave will slap me in da face when i am not expecting it and then they float away into the great blue.
    u know what - try surfing without them and u may find that u see better than u think out there

Images
    Don't do it if you have an astigmatism. I tried it, if you rub yor eyes the lens turns and you can't see ****. Lens for astigmatism have a top and bottom and they need to stay that way or watch out, lol.

Images
    surfing 20 years with contacts. never lost one. got my eyes flushed a few times and thought I lost them but nope, never.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Don't do it if you have an astigmatism. I tried it, if you rub yor eyes the lens turns and you can't see ****. Lens for astigmatism have a top and bottom and they need to stay that way or watch out, lol.
    Thanks, astigmatism is what I have... and problem I have with contacts period.

thanks for the info, ill save my $

i've lost em on really windy offshore days but it makes for a blurry but exciting session.

yeah, same boat here...usually doesn't tend to be a problem, but I always have a spare pair in my truck...def hear you on the depth perception, RobG ..that is extremely annoying. A handful of times, one would fall out, i'd find it, put it in my mouth & paddle in and put it back in on the beach...