LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Damage control

Hybrid View

Images

Damage control

This morningís 6am forecast update says 1ft or 1.3@7 (ankle high). The 44065 buoy is showing 3.3@12 at 6am (chest-head, I checked it). All of the buoys off the NE coast are showing considerably more swell then forecasted. Why would you say 1.3@7 when at the very same moment (6am) it was 3.3@12? Thatís like me trying to convince you a red car is blue while youíre looking at it. Did a computer spit that forecast out? Why wouldnít you adjust the error (damage control)?
    I know itís free, not easy, a fluid science, I don't have to look, and so on. Swell Info does a great job and is my top pick for surf forecasting. I just want to know if this issue can be fixed or adjusted. Maybe SI is working on it already? I don't know, just my 2 cents. Hope ya'll got a few waves yesterday, I did!

Images
    i got one word- web cams...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    i got one word- web cams...
    Did you skip math again?

it's webcams. no space. it's a compound word

Thigh high junk here...

What the buoy measures is not the same as what shows up on the beach. Looks bigger than ankle though.
    Last edited by brek; Feb 21, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Thigh high junk here...
    Wait.....I just saw a waist high wave. LOL. But, you know the tide is fat right now, right?

Images
    Swell Info! Can I get a what, what? Inquiring minds want to know! In case it wasn’t clear, I was referring to the swell height on the chart when you roll the mouse over it versus the current buoy measurement at the time of the 12hr update (6am). Brek, you’re kidding right? I knew long ago that the height of my chest, shoulders, and head were all greater than 3.3 ft.

I know itís free, not easy, a fluid science, I don't have to look, and so on. Swell Info does a great job and is my top pick for surf forecasting. I just want to know if this issue can be fixed or adjusted. Maybe SI is working on it already? I don't know, just my 2 cents. Hope ya'll got a few waves yesterday, I did!

recruitment agencies in ahmedabad