LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    gotta admit, the forecast for today was flat....easy waist high-stomach sets. must have been a glitch

Arrrgghhh, got on it too late. I surfed around 2:30 and the swell was just about gone. oh well, happy I got wet

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkupdog View Post
    I'm pretty sick of ppl posting about people posting forecasts. Who gives a ****, we're all wearing 5 mills out there freezing our ****s off if anyone's that dedicated to surf these days they already know there's waves, which there usually isn't. The NJ localism bull**** went out the window years ago when they only allowed 1 beach to surf out in a town and benny rentals.

Fact is, it ain't gona change a damn thing if someone posts there's gona be waves tomorrow.. **** it, I'd post it and if you found my spot and brought a crew, I'll be waiting out there with my crew and were all gona drop in on you anyway until you leave. I'll put it this way, I aint takin off my hood and sparking a conversation with some rando asking if they read my post on swellinfo.com..so bc of that, I could give 2 ****s about the local this that bull****..bc it doesn't exist anymore

This post is so confusing it reads like one dude was typing the first paragraph, then got up for a beer and while he was gone some other dude with a completely different opinion sat down at the computer and finished the post. I'm a little worried about the guy, actually.

I Don't know... Made sense to me. Like people don't know theres an ocean nearby until the post about the swell? I think most people that complain about Internet posts bringing crowds are just kids trying on their locals only pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    lol....you mean what YOU just did?

I disagree about NJ localism. It still exists.

I am a little confused about your post though. First, you say there is no localism, then you say that you will burn some randos till they leave, which is enforcing localism. So, which one is it?
    If I had to pick, id say it's both

Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    Why are you talking about 5 mils and then about there only being 1 beach which is only relevant to summer surfing. Monmouth County gets packed even in the winter now and I was just saying there is no point letting total strangers know that there is waves when the forecast doesn't say it.
    It doesn't really get crowded in the winter, that's kind of an exaggeration. I could post Monmouth county was firing today, and conditions will be tomorrow and someone who knows 3 spots will check and go out in one of those 3. That's where it's crowded, and that's where it's the same as everywhere else, just ppl stick with the trend, see some ppl out and think it's the only spot..it's not like we got reef breaks.
    Jersey breaks the same in so many spots I have no idea why some people continue to go out with crowds of people.

You definitely don't sound like a local when you talk about there only being 1 beach. If you pulled that **** on me and you're not a local, you would have problems. If you're not 18, then a simple dunking will do.
    I meant summer in this case, and yea.. there's tons of places that break just like the one beach surf accessible, I have 1 beach, I never surf there and would rather ding my board in the back of my pick up driving up and down the shore to find somewhere else..or kill time til 5:30

Didn't really mean to be so trollish but I live on the beach..I can check waves everyday, yet I don't..sometimes I check this forum because it's more productive than facebook and would like to read about how it was in Virginia Beach, or where it might be worth going to for the next swell, or if I happen to see a "where I live" looks good today, why not read and hope to get some valuable information on it.
    Last edited by Drinkupdog; Feb 23, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Today

Not quite sure what to make of it. Go out this am and take care of business later or vice versus will the incoming push be a little better this afternoon. Wish I had the crystal ball today.

Images
    Butthole surfers suck

Super low water expected for this afternoon with the combination of blow-out tides and new moon.

Tide

Decided to wait for the tide to turn I hoping 3 pm gives us a nice bump but the kiddies will be out of school.. Thats OK I've got my 8'6" Stewart Hydro Hull boyahh!