LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No waves, no snow, end of 2012?

shortage of snow this year and scarcity of waves in the winter, global warming? end of 2012 as we know it?

there is plenty of snow if you know where to look and there is always a flat spell in winter.

Tell Steamboat about "no snow." Haha

um, looks like it's head high plus on the build (9am) and should go offshore around 3. also, northern vt should be getting a ft throughout the weekend.

i'd rather make the trip to stowe but social obligations keeping me here. i'm cool surfing this afternoon and tomorrow morning

someone told me this winter has been mild because of la niņa

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianStallion View Post
    shortage of snow this year and scarcity of waves in the winter, global warming? end of 2012 as we know it?
    Better waves this winter than last, waves every day this week on DMV, warm outside. Call it whatever you want as long as it keeps up.

This thread is like a meatball sub without the meat.....

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    looks like it's head high plus on the build (9am) and should go offshore around 3.
    Size was there when I checked it around 6:15... but winds are looking iffy. There's a mini low just east and south of the main center of low pressure that could mess with us. Supposed to be sitting right on top of us or just offshore by late afternoon. This means light winds, or sideshores. Either way, sloppy stuff is likely. But once again, I'd love to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Size was there when I checked it around 6:15... but winds are looking iffy. There's a mini low just east and south of the main center of low pressure that could mess with us. Supposed to be sitting right on top of us or just offshore by late afternoon. This means light winds, or sideshores. Either way, sloppy stuff is likely. But once again, I'd love to be wrong!
    yeah, i saw that on the map just now and since i posted that the wind forecast changed. seems like they had a lot of trouble putting this one together

this is the east coast, dudes. What do you expect? Either move or be on watch for when it gets good. Don't blame global warming. True or not, it's not the reason you are not surfing right now.