LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Alcohol?

  1. #1

    Alcohol?

    I was reading a list of substances banned by the ASP in their new in-event testing policy and came across alcohol! Really!!!!!!!!!! Alcohol! Bad enough mary jane on the list but johny walker and jim beam too? Wtf, how could a hangover or intoxication possibly enhance performance. What's next? Coffee, sugar, red meat?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,342
    Images
    23
    if they time it right, they could still party. alcohol leaves your system at .015 an hour

  3. #3
    All kidding aside coffee could possibly be banned eventually. Not saying it will or wont just saying that a lot of organizations consider caffeine a "performance enhancing drug." i know when i played football in college we had a kid on my team fail a test and loose a year of eligibility because he drank soda constantly and had too much caffeine in his system (caffeine is on the NCAA banned substance list along with 200+ other things i have never even heard of.) Like i said i dont know if the ASP will go to this extent but its not out of the realm of possibility.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Your Mother's basement
    Posts
    47
    Its the world tour of k00ks now. contest surfing is lame anyway. Bobby has a point......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crystal Coast,N.C.
    Posts
    399
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by krl0919 View Post
    All kidding aside coffee could possibly be banned eventually. Not saying it will or wont just saying that a lot of organizations consider caffeine a "performance enhancing drug." i know when i played football in college we had a kid on my team fail a test and loose a year of eligibility because he drank soda constantly and had too much caffeine in his system (caffeine is on the NCAA banned substance list along with 200+ other things i have never even heard of.) Like i said i dont know if the ASP will go to this extent but its not out of the realm of possibility.



    Caffeine will never be on the list because of Red Bull and Monster. To much money involved there. As far as the alcohol...... Would you want someone drunk off their ass dropping in on you at say.........Pipe......I think not. I'm sure they arent saying you cant have a cold one period. Just be alcohol free come contest time.

  6. #6
    its ours body why should any care wat we put in it. **** you irs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manasquan
    Posts
    303
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ridedasurf View Post
    its ours body why should any care wat we put in it. **** you irs
    because these people are roll models to millions of kids... not to say that drinking is wrong or they should not be allowed to but they should never be in public drinking that can be seen on live television by millions. just my .02. it is just bad publicity

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    because these people are roll models to millions of kids... not to say that drinking is wrong or they should not be allowed to but they should never be in public drinking that can be seen on live television by millions. just my .02. it is just bad publicity
    Just ask the Bosox