LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

surf rash secret cures

I just wanted to find out what remedies people use to handle surf rash on here.

Images
    Gel from an Aloe vera plant works great. Best to wear a rash guard and not get it in the first place. The rashie also gives you good sun protection so you dont end up going to the Dermatologist every six months having skin lessions and melanomas cut or frozen off you! Trust me.......Malignant Melanoma is not a good time......I know first hand.

push through until the entire area is callused as hard as leather.

or...

wear a spring suit

Images
    to cure it quickly I use Desitin, which is for baby diaper rash. If you want to get back in the water and need relief, nothing works better than vasoline. Desitin works too, but its thicker than vaseline.

I know that everyone has thier preference on wax and not willing to risk changing... but I find that Mr.Zoggs is the only brand that helps me stick to my board and does not give me surf rash of anykind.

It's easy--surf more. Or, like that famous Aussies says: HARDEN THE F*** UP

Images
    someone before said wearing spandex shorts underneath your board shorts helps with the thigh area. I'm gonna try that this summer for sure. also, if you don't want the lame ass rash guard, you could get the wetsuit top or a lot of companies have surf shirts that are just like tshirts

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    to cure it quickly I use Desitin, which is for baby diaper rash. If you want to get back in the water and need relief, nothing works better than vasoline. Desitin works too, but its thicker than vaseline.
    my suggestion is for rashes that may develop in the armpits. If on your chest your stuck with working through it.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    someone before said wearing spandex shorts underneath your board shorts helps with the thigh area.
    I've been wearing them under my boardshorts for years...too many bad experiences with my junk and thigh area burning after long sessions...the pair I have is 90% polyester 10% spandex and they work great..haven't had a problem since.

Images
    i get the arm pit rash if i put deotorant on right before I go out, like if I had just put it on, saw the waves were good and went type of deal.