LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What helps me is taking a high line and hitting the lip at a 20 degree ish angle. I would also recommend practicing ollies.

Go for distance, not height. The height will come when you figure out how to project yourself.

Images
    Do you need a bottom turn? Because sometimes I feel like I see guys just cruise it on the face then fly off, I don't get it.

as seventy1percent mentioned it seems as though taking a line from higher off the face is the way to get used to airing out. Once this is established I would assume lower bottom turns can then produce airs but the process should evolve from higher off the face. I haven't really tried this though to be honest my rational come from watching videos, but I plan on working on it soon. I am more into the heavy re-entries and swooping cutbacks at the first sight of the waves flattening out. Does anyone know if I have an advantage for airs by surfing mostly backhand waves, because I am goofy footed and surf mostly rights?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPREME View Post
    Do you need a bottom turn? Because sometimes I feel like I see guys just cruise it on the face then fly off, I don't get it.
    Ah...Grasshopper......It all depends on the conditions and what kind of boost you are trying to accomplish. Wave shape, power, rotation, timing, ect... Sometimes you draw out the bottom turn, sometimes you don't. Speed is your best friend...(not the drug) lol

I'm not going to get into the whole mechanics of it as I could sit here for an hour explaining it. But, if interested you might want to check out this:

http://www.amazon.com/110-Surfing-Te.../dp/B0015FWK9I

It's a bit kooky in the beginning, but near the end is decent. (little green waves) lol ....also you can check out this:

http://www.amazon.com/Surfing-Manual.../dp/0977556913
    good read

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hinmo24t View Post
    Does anyone know if I have an advantage for airs by surfing mostly backhand waves, because I am goofy footed and surf mostly rights?
    Personally, my backside airs aren't the greatest. But, my backside cutbacks on the other hand are stellar. zing.......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post

There is no way that book is actually $398.00 ....