LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

College speech on how to surf...need visual aid

Hello, for public speaking I have to do a speech on how to do something and need a visual aid. I would like to do my speech on how to surf but I do not want to bring in a large item as a visual aid.. Does anyone have any ideas for a visual aid??? thanks

bar of wax...leash...
    had same class at Rutgers many years ago, did mine on yo-yoing...

A fin representing hydrodynamics.

wax, a fin,rash guard, sun block, wax comb, leash, fcs key, wetsuit bootie ( share the funk), surf mag, dvd,sand....anything can be used as a visual prop, but teachers don't care about the crap you pick, just on how you present it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDDZ View Post
    A fin representing hydrodynamics.
    Yes... A lot can come out of analyzing a fin in terms of physical principles. As a "how to"... not so sure.

How to lay down a planshape... a roll of paper, a pencil, a square, and a long flexi stick... get a few audience members to lend a hand and it will get everyone involved. You can discuss design principles along the way.... Then you can cut it out and hang it on the wall for all to see as a final product.

Images
    a VIMEO video of how to surf, then mute it, and put your own words in it. youtube sucks and is terrible quality. also, bring a sticky bumps candle and light it so you have the fresh scent of wax spreading across the room as they watch the vid. You could always punch people in the stomach then throw ice water in their face and say "this is what it feels like to **** up on your drop in in the middle of winter".

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    a VIMEO video of how to surf, then mute it, and put your own words in it. youtube sucks and is terrible quality. also, bring a sticky bumps candle and light it so you have the fresh scent of wax spreading across the room as they watch the vid. You could always punch people in the stomach then throw ice water in their face and say "this is what it feels like to **** up on your drop in in the middle of winter".
    haha this..gotta love north east coast surfing in 41 degree water and you get water down your hood

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAC9 View Post
    haha this..gotta love north east coast surfing in 41 degree water and you get water down your hood
    yeah buddy

Images
    show them this. you should be set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig1ytto6rNg

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    but teachers don't care about the crap you pick, just on how you present it.
    this is so true. ever since i grasped this concept, every presentation ive done has been a piece of cake. confidence is key. as long as you LOOK like you know what you're talking about, most people (including the teacher) will be convinced.