LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Is Mr. Swell info going to chime in on this thread on whether or not this will be done?

He prob has better things to do? Though after my notion that he sat around in a smoke filled room going thru swell data day and night was shattered a couple of weeks ago, maybe he will. Besides when will it stop, before long people will want it seperated by county, the inmates should not rule the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Is Mr. Swell info going to chime in on this thread on whether or not this will be done?
    He did page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    haha. It is quite the cultural mix we have here...
    But, seriously, first post... come on!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    This thread pretty much proves that the majority like to argue with people from different geographic areas, so my guess is any thoughts of breaking up the mid atlantic forum vanished about 10 pages ago.

IDK, being from VB I have to travel a lot for waves. I usually head south to the Outer Banks but sometimes north to MD, NJ, or sometimes NY. I can honestly say in my years of surfing I have never had an issue in any of the places I have gone. The more popular spots on the Outer Banks are usually full of non-locals anyhow and the lesser-known spots are usually empty but I never had issues being from VB surfing there. If I am ever in conversation in the lineups up north people immediately recognize my southern drawl and know Im not local. Still never had an issue. Im not even that great of a surfer either, I think it is a respect thing, or maybe I have never ran into any of the badasses on this forum. The only localism I have ever experienced has been on computers. Computer screens are one thing and lineups are another.

Don't really know why this thread got so out of hand. I never said anything about not liking certain areas. It's just that the region doesn't really mesh well geographically. Not being socially cohesive is a completely different argument and that can happen anywhere, even within the same city.

I may have started taking this thread off the rails, but I actually think your initial idea wasn't bad. it was just soo hard to resist responding to the "get the Jersey guys outta the room" thing - even if I know that wasn't what you meant.

Images
    The forum was initially broken into local areas: Delmarva, New Jersey, Virginia/OBX. This didn't work out well, and actually created less user involvement rather then more.

Images

great thread...take a bow you sick mfer's......