LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leash troubles?

Images
    i have had the same problem despite always taking my leashes off my boards. maybe you could hang it from something and attach it someting on the other end thus stretching it straight

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    i have had the same problem despite always taking my leashes off my boards. maybe you could hang it from something and attach it someting on the other end thus stretching it straight
    thats what i do. i use my bedroom door and it works like a charm.

Images
    Whats wrong with the weighted leash that helps avoid tangles? works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Leashes have tensile memory. If you coil it in any way it will cause it to somewhat retain that shape, which will cause it to do some funky stuff in the water.

-Take your leash into your house in the winter or leave it outside in the summer and hang it up with the ankle wrap down since it's heavier than the rail saver on the other side. This will keep it straight and almost 100% tangle free.

My biggest pet peeve is having the leash wrap my leg. It's even worse when you fall in heavy surf and it tries to amputate your foot. I absolutely hate it, so I have put some time into coming up with a solution.

OR, I think OAM makes a leash that has a sliding weight on it to keep it proper. Never tried one, so I don't know about it.
    Thanks. Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by surfinghb123 View Post
    i picked up one of the XM leashes with the little slide weight on it and surprisingly it actually helps. i was pretty skeptical, especially after i felt how light the little weight was, but it works. try it out
    +1 Got a XM tangle free as well.Best leash by far I've owned.

When you wear your leash around your ankle is the cord coming out from the back of your leg or from the side? I use to wear my leash so that it would point back but after being hog tied numerous times a friend told me to wear it so that the leash protrudes to the side going away from my body. This helped a lot.

Hope this helps.