LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    40
    Images
    2
    WB is the nearest beach access for UNCW crowds and can be a bit of a zoo. Bans and regulations often have more traction with residents of such areas. That's not necessarily a sign that the whole coast is turning into a police state. My two cents.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    WB is the nearest beach access for UNCW crowds and can be a bit of a zoo. Bans and regulations often have more traction with residents of such areas. That's not necessarily a sign that the whole coast is turning into a police state. My two cents.
    I beg to differ. UNCW students, such as myself, will continue to go to WB instead of CB, kure, ect. because it's the closest. Simple as that. These bans and regulations will only really hurt the families that vacation in WB for a week or two or the locals themselves. The locals in WB rock, by the way. I love when i'm walking up the beach from drifting and I see a few neighbors all sitting around drinking wine out of wine glasses and always say hi with a smile. Of course there are some old grump men or 30's surfer burn-outs, but the locals in general are more friendly that a lot of the places i've been in.
    They don't really complain, but if you keep pushing more and more regulations they will start to get fed up and take their anger out in other ways...

    Maybe the whole coast isn't turning into what my town is like, but you can bet your ass there will be more and more regulations and laws in every town annually.

    People are getting fed up with this BS

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Little Egg Harbor
    Posts
    2
    HeadHigh, Check this out. It's a funny rant about our rights at "the beach." Take care all, surf as much as possible.

    http://youtu.be/yb0iHakZTdo

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    40
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    I beg to differ. UNCW students, such as myself, will continue to go to WB instead of CB, kure, ect. because it's the closest. Simple as that. These bans and regulations will only really hurt the families that vacation in WB for a week or two or the locals themselves. The locals in WB rock, by the way. I love when i'm walking up the beach from drifting and I see a few neighbors all sitting around drinking wine out of wine glasses and always say hi with a smile. Of course there are some old grump men or 30's surfer burn-outs, but the locals in general are more friendly that a lot of the places i've been in.
    They don't really complain, but if you keep pushing more and more regulations they will start to get fed up and take their anger out in other ways...

    Maybe the whole coast isn't turning into what my town is like, but you can bet your ass there will be more and more regulations and laws in every town annually.

    People are getting fed up with this BS
    My point is that places with certain demographics tend to be more regulated. Friendly people who enjoy a glass of wine on the beach are unfortunate casualties of the bans, not the reason for them. This is all too common. As someone who doesn't spend that much time in WB I'm only saying that as an observer...

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by innerbasin View Post
    You sound a bit inbred yourself, it wouldn't be wise to refuse service to someone. Especially during the summer
    Its also not wise to throw a burning cig butt into the dunes in the middle of summer. I refuse people all the time. I think I can go without the 25 cent tip on their $50 bill for their Blue "redneck" motorcyle drinks. It could 4pm and people are hammered, disrepectful and dangerous. The people who usually throw cigs on the beach are the same people who are bringing their bottle of Evan Williams to my bar and ordering a coke so they can mix their own drink. They get the boot right away, along with the guys who bring Milwaukees Best Ice out on the pier in a cooler and think its right to drink them at our establishment.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I stand by my statement that the WB Board of Aldermen is now more represented by transplants (most from PA, NJ and NY) than true locals, and some don't even live on WB full time. This, past and future asinine laws are a direct result of these folks gaining power and what they see as a legislative blank canvas for them to enforce their will.

    It's like the disease that follows the encroachment of invasive species. Sad.

    @ right_coaster, your argument is no better than any other straw man perpetrated by every other overly self-righteous person with their pet crusade.

    I invite you to attempt to defend your claim that someone drinking BEER does not present the potential to endanger the health of another individual. Please define and expound upon what a "healthy" public place is and the government's role in regulating it. Define "suffer." And, finally, please explain this completely nebulous statement by offering other examples to support your argument and define proper depth and breath of claimed responsibility in the means through which it is applied and enforced (I fixed your grammar too): "Any action that someone takes that directly *affects the health and well being of another individual without their consent should not be allowed."

    -This should be entertaining-
    really? Maybe you should read it again and let it simmer a while. I'm not going to defend anything I said to you. You sure try hard to sound intelligent in your posts, therefore I find it quite surprising that you can't grasp any aspect of what I'm saying.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by right_coaster View Post
    really? Maybe you should read it again and let it simmer a while. I'm not going to defend anything I said to you. You sure try hard to sound intelligent in your posts, therefore I find it quite surprising that you can't grasp any aspect of what I'm saying.
    I can read "See Spot Run" a thousand times and it will still be the same story. But, hey, thanks for pointing out to everyone here that you don't really have anything to support your half-baked argument. Your deflection was the icing on the cake...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crystal Coast,N.C.
    Posts
    404
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    This has already taken place in the fine state of New Jersey. Its bound to happen everywhere... just like paying to even get onto the beach... along with paying for parking... coming soon to NC! Get ready to pay 8 bucks a day to get onto the beach to surf in the summer! Next, we will need a passport to surf! ...i cant wait...
    What do you mean coming???? It's already here....Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach during the season is $10 a day to park at a public beach access.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    Its also not wise to throw a burning cig butt into the dunes in the middle of summer. I refuse people all the time. I think I can go without the 25 cent tip on their $50 bill for their Blue "redneck" motorcyle drinks. It could 4pm and people are hammered, disrepectful and dangerous. The people who usually throw cigs on the beach are the same people who are bringing their bottle of Evan Williams to my bar and ordering a coke so they can mix their own drink. They get the boot right away, along with the guys who bring Milwaukees Best Ice out on the pier in a cooler and think its right to drink them at our establishment.
    Is this "Tiki Bar" a private club? While the majority of us share your sentiments concerning the "non tippers", sounds like you are running a tighter ship than warranted. It would be a pity for you to get tossed from your own half-pier. People bringing their own alcohol to bars is a time honored tradition and will continue, even under your unwavering gaze.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,368
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    if you don't fight for your rights, or at least speak up, they will disappear.
    I don't smoke so I do not care...and plus it's b.a.d. bad for you