LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    On another note, NC makes/made a lot of their income on tobacco. If they ban smoking, I see no way they can make up that income by levying fines.
    The money in tobacco is all in overseas markets. It's most likely the #1 export of the state of NC. The major tobacco companies have all been sued here for not warning of or trying to hide the known dangers and marketing to children. My co-worker has a large amount of Phillip Morris stock. It pays 4% dividends and has sells for $90 a share. If you watch the travel channel or house hunters abroad you will see people in far flung places without the very basics of modern life we consider essential- but what do they have? A pack of Marlboros. Every time.

United police states

I have been cuffed for no reason by power happy/hungry pigs 3 f-in
    Times in just 3 months. Once for having "ca plates" driving thru Arkansas .
    Once for buying too much food at 7-11. And once for having a bad ass Harley
    That intimidated the little pigs. PIG STATE USA HERE WE COME.

KURE BEACH — A third beach town in Hanover County is considering whether to ban smokers from lighting up on the beach.

The Star News of Wilmington reports that Kure Beach officials will discuss the idea at Thursday's meeting.

Mayor Dean Lambeth says there will be no decision before a public hearing in August. He says he supports a smoking ban, but he doesn't think police officers would be able to enforce one on Kure Beach.

A public hearing is also scheduled next month on a proposal outlawing smoking in specific areas of Carolina Beach. And voters in Wrightsville Beach will decide in November on a proposed ban for that town's beach.

The state owns the beaches, but the towns have authority to regulate some areas.
    :-o :-( :-[

Smoke your cigs while you still can. The 910 is pulling the plug.

Everyone meet me at the Pipe! Bring your blunts, cigs, Cubans, pipes, bidis, cloves, etc, etc, and we will light up on the pipe and watch the KB and CB officials decide which side of the line we are on! (Not a smoker, but sounds like fun. I've got a couple Cubans I can bring)

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Everyone meet me at the Pipe! Bring your blunts, cigs, Cubans, pipes, bidis, cloves, etc, etc, and we will light up on the pipe and watch the KB and CB officials decide which side of the line we are on! (Not a smoker, but sounds like fun. I've got a couple Cubans I can bring)
    I'm going to bring a pipe to pipe. Sick.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    CB represent!

My favorite (and I have done it on pretty much every beach in SE NC) is to pick up the trash after seeing someone drop it, run up to them, say "I think you dropped something, looked important so I brought it back to you," and hand their trash back to them. I have seen some of the funniest expressions on people's faces this way!
    I like it ...