LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Waxing philosophy

Sup Brahs? I got some solid advice from y'all with some leash issues and figured I'd hit it up again. Should I put wax on everytime I go for a surf? Is there a wrong way to do it? One time I put it on in a circular pattern which seemed to work fine but my homeboy said straight back and forth. How do you all spread that love over your sled? How often? Ever clean it off? Hope this doesn't seem kookish, just looking to get it right!
    Last edited by FROSTEELOX; Mar 11, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Images
    side to side motions dude, i clean it off like once a month, definitly dont wax ever session, my waxes "prime time" is like the second session after it lost some of its grip

which hand(s) do you guys wax it with?

nose to tail, rail to rail.

it puts the wax on the board like its told!

I clean my board every 3 weeks with my pickle. http://picklewaxremover.com/pickle_wax_remover.html

Images
    criss cross pattern on first coat then circular. clean it when its dirty. dont use sex wax

Images
    "Now, put the wax in the f*&%ing basket!"

Images
    Sjb?????????

I draw criss-crossed lines with a bar of base coat until it's built up a little. Then nose to tail and rail to rail with whatever wax I'm using. I usually clean it off about once a month--I also use a pickle. I also rub some new wax on before every session