LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 weather?

3/2 weather?

all i have is a 3/2 suit and its been 70 out here in jersey and the water is 45, is that too cold for a 3/2?

I would think so, especially if you don't have booties/gloves.

do it and report back. worse case you say f*ck this and get out.

Images
    its 4/3 weather really, with 5mm boots. Go charge it and see how long you last... Its also easier to test out the thinner suit if its small and your not duck diving a lot.

3/2?Your kidding Sr right.Its time for Boardshorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    its 4/3 weather really, with 5mm boots. Go charge it and see how long you last... Its also easier to test out the thinner suit if its small and your not duck diving a lot.
    charge what

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    charge what
    You mean it's not head high, glassy and grinding where you are?

I think its a personal pref, but if you like your toes i'd say hell's yeah that's too cold! If your suit can't warm your core then you're hands and feet will be freezing. 45degree water is cold to the touch with just your hands. Water temp is 58 where i'm at and i'm in a 3/2 with 3mm boots.

Images
    did it tonight in va beach with my winter boots and gloves. i was out for about 1.5 hours and left because of the crowd. i was perfectly warm, though on a longboard. felt amazing to shed the rubber.

Light rubber

H2O just hit 43 up here and I just busted my zipper on my 6/5/4, **** it buyin a hood vest and rockin the 4/3 from here on out! Its down right balmy up here!