LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Best small wave board -- help

Hi Guys --

I am in a frenzy to find a great small wave board. Im talking 1 foot gutless junk. But I want it to be short, I'm sick of riding a 7 foot fish, I want something that is in the 5' range -- something interesting, fast, maneuverable, and fun. Im think rusty dwart, CI neck beard, lost motivator?

What do you guys think? I am open to all opinions and love suggestions an dpicutures of your boards

THanks!

Threads been done b4

Here's a link...maybe you'll find some useful info in here --->http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...all+wave+board

CI Biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by sponger72 View Post
    CI Biscuit.
    just curious, is your biscuit PU, Tuf-Lite or Epoxy?

Images
    I think the Lost Plank looks like a great small wave shape.

Here is what you do. Take that money that you would spend on a factory board and put like 30-60 bucks in to the biggest most beat up but not too old longboard (gotta have good foam) you can find. then bring it to a reputable shaper (your from New England so there is a couple of great guys around) and you have him take that longboard and build you what ever the hell you want. whole thing should run you between 3-400. when it comes to short sticks for micro lines the weirder the better. call that $h1t the pumpkin seed or somthin and paint it orange. thats whats up these days.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wingaersheek View Post
    Here is what you do. Take that money that you would spend on a factory board and put like 30-60 bucks in to the biggest most beat up but not too old longboard (gotta have good foam) you can find. then bring it to a reputable shaper (your from New England so there is a couple of great guys around) and you have him take that longboard and build you what ever the hell you want. whole thing should run you between 3-400. when it comes to short sticks for micro lines the weirder the better. call that $h1t the pumpkin seed or somthin and paint it orange. thats whats up these days.
    Are you suggesting trying to pay a reputable shaper $300-$400 to strip the glass off an old longboard and shape and glass a little small wave board from the foam? Why would they do that when the local Walmart is paying $7 an hour for greeters?
    Last edited by mitchell; Mar 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

lost rocket

Quote Originally Posted by GnarlesBarkley View Post
    lost rocket
    can't agree - i have one and it doesn't really come into form until at least waist-chest type of surf. knee or smaller is just too small.

i think something stubby and thick would work nicely, like that lost plank: http://www.lostenterprises.com/surfb...ails/the-plank
    Last edited by mOtion732; Mar 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    can't agree - i have one and it doesn't really come into form until at least waist-chest type of surf. knee or smaller is just too small.

i think something stubby and thick would work nicely, like that lost plank: http://www.lostenterprises.com/surfb...ails/the-plank
    I have a friend that has the rocket and it def isn't a small wave board like some of the other ..lost models. It doesnt work here in SNC for anything under waist high.